The BISSELL Big Green Deep Cleaning Machine is a Professional Grade Carpet Cleaner that has definitely created a lot of excitement since its introduction way back in Sept 2010. In the last few years, this machine has successfully built a legion of fans who swear by its solid workmanship and high quality cleaning results. In just a couple of minutes, you’ll find out:
- why it’s such a loved carpet cleaner
- what are it’s flaws
- where to get it cheap
First and foremost, I bet you want to get a really good grasp on its looks and performance before making any decisions. I’ve found a great video to help you with this endeavor. Check out how it literally transforms the carpet from this office:
The Sheet of Features
|Suction & scrub power||The scrub power is assured by the DirtLifter Powerbrushes. The BISSELL Big Green uses company’s patented technology that ensures the entrenched dirt and grime are successfully loosened and quickly lifted out of the carpet or rug fibers. This helps in removing debris, stain particles and other dirt. Another great feature, the cleaner can work both in backward and forward passes. This reduces the time it takes to clean. At the same time, the machine doesn’t compromise on suction/drying time.
The dry time of professional grade carpet cleaner is fast. The actual dry time can vary depending upon the humidity/temperature, air circulation and the type of carpets being washed. Usually it takes just 3 hours to drying most carpets, which is relatively quick. The machine is designed to direct hot air from its machine motors to hasten the drying process. In addition, its suction power is great. This means, the machine can suck most of the water discharged to clean carpets.
One more thing: this carpet cleaner allows for the use of hot water (but doesn't actually heat it!) which helps users to better clean their carpets. Hot water is much more effective in removing dirt.
|Input power||Is designed for 120-volts circuit and has a 12 amp motor, so it consumes 1320 watts.|
|Tank capacity||This unit uses separate clean and dirty water tanks. Users can easily fill and empty these. The BISSELL Big Green Carpet Cleaning Machine clean water tank has 1.75 gallon capacity. This is much bigger than usual one gallon capacity of regular grade cleaners.|
|Filtration system||Has 2 filters, 1 upper body filter for the vacuum, and one debris filter on the lower base.|
|Weight and Dimensions||Measures 42.25" x 20.5" x 11" and weights 40 lbs.|
|Warranty||Bissell offers you 5 years of limited warranty, which is much more than the 1 or 2 years of warranty usually offered for regular home carpet cleaners.|
|Accessories||9 foot hose - an extendable hose for hard to reach areas.
6 inch Stair/ Stain Tool - A hand tool attachment for better cleaning of upholstery, stairs and stains.
|Special features||Folding Handle - you can store it easier thanks to this feature.
Flow Indicator - has an easy-to-monitor water tank indicator,an easy and quick way to check on water levels while cleaning.
BISSELL 2X Professional Deep Cleaning Formula - a great carpet cleaning detergent.
|Usability||Even though BISSELL Big Green Deep Cleaning Machine is commercial grade, it’s still a very simple machine to use. The setup is simple and quick and it’s just a matter of filling up its lean water tank with detergent and water and adjusting the height of angle as needed. There are only few controls and knobs, and the machine is clearly designed for heavy cleaning. Its 6 inch attachment tool and 9 foot hose makes it easy to clean upholstery such as sofa, hard to clean areas and stairs. It has a cleaning path of 10.5″ which is pretty common for a home carpet cleaner. The carpet cleaner comes with a 25 ft cord length which means less unplugging and plugging.|
|Price||It is not a new model, which means you can get it for less than back when it was first launched. Here's where I've found a nice deal.|
The BISSELL Big Green let’s you deep clean upholstery and carpets in no time. It’s equipped with powerful DirtLifter PowerBrishes that deliver good performance each time. It sprays, thoroughly scrubs and efficiently suction cleans the carpets and upholstery with each pass. It cleans both in backward as well as forward passes to save time. It has two separate removable tanks, one for holding dirty water and other one for clean water.
The 25’ cord of this professional grade carpet cleaner ensures easy mobility while cleaning. It also comes with a special 6” staining tool and a separate 9’ upholstery hose to ensure easy cleaning of stairs, furniture and other hard-to-reach areas. The company’s website claims that it definitely cleans better than all rental carpet cleaners. After being successful for more than 5 years in the market, and based on large number of testing and user rating, there are much evidence supporting this claim.
Bissell Big Green 86T3 vs. Bissell BigGreen Commercial BG10 vs. Bissell BigGreen Commercial 10N2
The Bissell Big Green has several versions. The 10N2 model has exactly the same specifications with the BG10 model. The 86T3 differs from the BG10 in the following way:
|Bissell Big Green 86T3||Bissell BigGreen Commercial BG10/10N2|
|Status (just for branding purposes)||Pro home model||Commercial grade model|
|Power cord||25 ft., non-detachable, black color.||25 ft., detachable, yellow color.|
|Attachments||Includes attachments||Does not include attachments, you need to buy the 30G3 Kit.|
- I’m very satisfied by it’s large tank capacity. It’s a professional grade carpet cleaner, so you can expect excellent results.
- It has flow indicators such as fuel dials, that indicates when the dirty water tank is filling up or when detergent is running out… Its power brushes can work on even the thickets rugs and carpets
- This professional grade carpet cleaner requires no assembly… It weights just 40 pounds, and is not heavier than regular carpet cleaners. You can easily fold and store it in your closet. With handles folded down, it is just 25 inches tall.
- It comes with 5 year limited warranty, which is amazing! The box also contains many cleaning attachments, such as 9’ cleaning hose and 6” wide stair tool.
- If you use BISSELL Big Green Deep Cleaning Machine with recommended detergents, you will get professional results without spending much money. This unit does a great job in sucking out all moisture from the carpets. Unless the mess contains heavy solids, this professional grade carpet cleaner will clean it in a single pass.
- 24 feet power cord means less plugging and unplugging. And I love it because it can handle pet fur and berber carpets without fuzzing up.
- Check out what thousands of people say about BIG Green.
- It has a high price. (luckily, I can help you with that)
- It is a bit bulky. (all carpet cleaners are)
Conclusion and VGMcc (VacuumsGuide.com Mark for carpet cleaners)
All in all, the BISSELL Big Green Deep Cleaning Machine definitely draws rave reviews about its cleaning prowess. In fact, thousands of users say it has saved them from purchasing new carpets and rugs. It comes with multiple easy-to-use attachments and its separate removable tanks make for easy emptying and refills. The huge 1.75 gallon capacity of clean water tank means you won’t be making those refills constantly. The machine might be heavy and a real workout to move around but it’s worth the trouble! Here’s my VGMcc:
So, what do you think about Bissell Big Green? Do you plan to buy one? Have one already and want to brag about it? Use the following form to share your thoughts.
Latest posts by Jason Roberts (see all)
- McCulloch MC1375 – is this the best canister steam system for every household? - February 17, 2017
- Fortune Dragon cordless vacuum cleaner – flexibility for a low price - February 11, 2017
- Alfawise A6 – another pink robot to the rescue - February 2, 2017