When it comes to cleaning, all you need is the right assortment of tools that will make it easy for you; otherwise it will seem an utterly demanding job. Bissell is one of the global cleaning companies that have stepped in to ensure that cleaning is ABC easy for you. This is a family-owned business which has withstood market challenges for over five generations. With more than 138 years of existence and ultimately, experience, in the cleaning industry, it is a partner that you can trust. As you know, I am particularly fond of family-driven businesses, I consider this the best business model and thus, I believe Bissell has an important word to say in the near future of the cleaning industry. Bissell is not a small player: some of their products have been sold in millions throughout the US and Europe. Without wasting any more time, let’s check out some key facts about this company and its appliances.
History of Bissell
It all started in 1876 from two people: Melville R. Bissell and his wife Anna. They owned a crockery shop in Michigan, and were constantly forced to clean some sawdust from the shop’s carpet. It was such a tedious exercise but to their help, Melville came up with an extraordinary carpet sweeper which he later patented. Soon, friends and potential customers began inquiring where they could find this unique sweeper and the business just started booming.
Melville Bissell passed on in 1889, and there was no doubt that his wife Anna was taking over the leadership of this great company. Becoming the first female CEO in America, she aggressively marketed the sweepers and defended their patents to the best of her abilities. The manual carpet shampooer was introduced in 1956 by this company, and the act of scrubbing carpets with hands on bended knees was no longer necessary. This was followed by a dramatic turn of events in 1979 when the first deep cleaning machine was introduced.
Having a team of dedicated engineers on board, the sustained growth of this cleaning company was far from fading. Their expertise could soon be reflected through the efficiency of every little machine that Bissell invented. In the late 1980s, they came with another innovation, this time a deep cleaner that was never tethered to an internal water source. This made carpet cleaning more convenient than ever.
Till today, Bissell is a family-owned business dedicated to help you clean the home easily and effectively. Whether the mess is cat hair, chocolate, red wine or even baby foods spills, the company is in place to help you embrace the mess, eliminate it and live a comfortable life. Over time, the range of products offered by this company has expanded extensively as outlined below.
Bissell remains the best producer of vacuum cleaning appliances globally. With nearly a century and a half of innovation in the janitorial industry, you expect nothing less than upbeat performance and quality. All the machines produced by Bissell are geared towards one ultimate goal: to make cleaning easy.
There are various vacuum cleaners to choose from, which can be bagged or bagless. Most of these are lightweight appliances, with an immense suction power to make carpet cleaning a simple task. If you need upright vacuum cleaners, Bissell treats you to appliances which are endowed with easy to empty dirt containers and multi-cyclonic action to make work cheaper for you.
Here are some of my favorite Bissell vacuum cleaners:
Bissell CleanView with OnePass Technology
This is just a sample of the bagless vacuum cleaners that you get from Bissell. It is a real powerhouse, designed with an extraordinary dust capacity to guarantee total home cleaning. It is made in a compact nature and size such that you clean even the smallest of spaces with ease. Here are some of its key points:
- Read my Bissell CleanView Vacuum with OnePass Technology full review
- Great suction using latest generation of Cyclonic Systems
- A great set of accessories and attachments, including a tube extension, dusting brush great for upholstery, a TurboBrush meant for pets and a crevice tool for tight places
- Easy empty dirt tank with just a push of a button
- OnePass technology means you don’t have to vacuum the same area over and over again – the special designed brushroll and its powerful airflow ensure you get most of the dirt from the first pass
- 2 years of warranty
- Only $89.99 on Amazon
Bissell PowerGlide Pet Vacuum With SuctionChannel Technology
Do you have pets which are turning out to be a mess in your home? This is the vacuum cleaner you need because it has a superior multi-cyclonic suction power and multi-filtration media filters which maximize airflow in order for the vacuum cleaner to pick up all pet hairs and dirt. With an easy-to-empty dirt container and upholstery brush, Bissell definitely enables people to peacefully coexist with their pets:
- Read the Bissell PowerGlide Pet Vacuum With SuctionChannel Technology 1305 review
- Brand new vacuum cleaner from Bissell, just released this September
- 9x multi-cyclonic suction ensures no loss of suction. Another feature of the multi-cyclonic function is the SuctionChannel Technology.
- Has edge-to-edge cleaner, so no more frustration in tight spots.
- Lighter than any other PowerGilder: just 16 lbs.
- Works great on both carpets and bare floors, since the brushroll can be turned off
- Comes with swivel steering, so you can vacuum now with only one hand, and use the other for your phone, TV remote or head massage
- 10 feet long hose for increased usability
- 5 years of limited warranty
- Currently on sale with Amazon
Bissell Pet Hair Eraser Handheld
This is yet another sample of the enormous range of vacuum cleaners that could possible end up in your shopping basket. It is so simple an appliance for everyone to use, yet so powerful that it leaves your upholstery, car, furniture and so on sparkly clean, free of all the pet hair and dandruff. With such an appliance, you don’t have to worry about buying and changing bags. On the contrary, it has the multilevel filtration technology so that you can collect even the tiniest of particles from your surfaces. Get this one for only $29.00.
Bissell has engineered the most powerful deep cleaners which go beyond the usual technology of vacuum cleaning. It gives the cleaner an opportunity to spray carpets and surfaces with advanced cleaning formulas before using a high suction power and speedy brush to clear all embedded allergens and dirt. Here are 2 of my favorite Bissell carpet cleaners:
BISSELL DeepClean Lift-Off Full Sized Carpet Cleaner
This is just one of the deep-cleaning machines produced and distributed by Bissell. It is made with an advanced water filtration system which enables it to retain all dust and dirt. It can be used on surfaces such as mattresses, car seats, carpets blinds and curtains to remove all the embedded dirt. It also comes with a built-in and patented water heater which heats up water and the cleaning solution so that the cleaning effectiveness of this machine is accentuated. Some key features:
- Comes with dual DirtLifter PowerBrushes and Surround Suction for seamless carpets/rugs cleaning. The DirtLifter has 12 cleaning rows, covering a wide area.
- Need to clean tight areas and spots? Use the detachable spot cleaner for any hard-to-reach areas.
- The nozzle is removable
- Keeps the liquid temperature constant with Heat Wave Technology
- 12 rows of cleaning, dual DirtLifter PowerBrushes
- Comes with additional tools such as the tough stain tool and the crevice tool
- Works best with Bissell cleaning formulas
- Comes with a 3 year warranty
- Currently discounted
Bissell Big Green Deep Cleaning Machine
One of its defining products, released 4 years ago, the Big Green was praised by many, and for a good reason too: it just might be the best professional carpet cleaner under $500. Here are some facts about Bissell Big Green:
- Read my full review of the Big Green carpet cleaner
- After almost 700 reviews on Amazon, it has a 4.8 out of 5 mark, which is really incredible, since people tend to give more negative than positive reviews.
- Bissell claims justly that machine “cleans better and dries faster than some of the leading rental carpet cleaners”
- It features large-capacity clean/dirty water tanks, so it diminishes the refilling/emptying frequency.
- You can adjust the tank handle for increased usability
- The DirtLifter PowerBrushes remove even deep-down dirt soaked in your carpets
- Comes with a 6″ Stair Tool, a 9′ Upholstery Hose and a BISSELL 2X Professional Deep Cleaning Formula
- 5 year limited warranty
- You can get it as we speak with a staggering discount!
Bissell is, along with Hoover and Shark, one of the main manufacturers of steam mops. Bissell steam mop are powerful tools designed to sanitize hard floors made out wood, marble, tiles, concrete, glass, stone products, vinyl and other similar materials. Bissell steam mops are usually ready to go in less than a minute, and the sanitation period (the time needed to kill most bacteria and viruses) is between 5 and 15 seconds, depending on the power of the tool. I also have 2 favorite steam mops from Bissell:
BISSELL Powerfresh Steam Mop
- Check out the full review of this steam mop
- 12.5 AMPs input power
- Can clean grout and crevices with Easy Scrubber Technology
- Steam level control – choose the amount of steam used depending on your cleaning task using SmartSet technology. You can choose among 3 options: low, medium or high
- Insert special discs in the mop pad for releasing enjoyable scents such as Spring Breeze
- Has a low profile that allows you to reach further under furniture, in tight places or in narrow corners
- Specialists calculated it eliminates 99.9% of germs (if used properly)
- Comes with the Easy Scrubber attachment. The scrubby microfiber mop pad ensures you get a 2x faster drying time.
- Is equipped with Heater Ready light
- No water filtration
- 2 year limited warranty
- #1 best seller in Floor Care >> Steam cleaners
BISSELL Lift-Off Titanium Steam Mop
- Not just your average steamer: you can not extend the cleaning capabilities of this appliance above the floor, thanks to its hose
- Along the hose, there are many other attachments included in the package: 2 washable Microfiber Pads, 2 Circular Brushes, a Grout Brush and a washable Flat Surface Microfiber Cleaning Tool
- According to the producer, it ships in special packaging form called Certified Frustration-Free Packaging. Thus, you can assemble it within minutes and start cleaning right away
- Switching from mop mode to hand held takes less than 1 minute
- 22 ft power cord, with a decent size water tank
- 2 year limited warranty
- Get it for a fraction of the price
Since the introduction of Bissell sweepers in 1876, they have remained a standard solution to easy cleaning. The company therefore offers easy-to-use sweepers which can be used on a variety of surfaces. Here’s one I recommend:
Bissell Perfect Sweep Turbo Cordless Rechargeable Sweeper
- Are you a busy person? Have just a few minutes for cleaning? With the Perfect Sweep you can do a quick cleaning of your crumbs, bare floors and carpets. The tools is perfect for small cleaning sessions.
- Handles dirt, pet hair, stains and more. Has edge brushes that help you clean along baseboards and in corners
- Works up to 60 minutes with is 7.2 Volts rechargeable battery
- Can be converted to a handheld sweeper. The handle can be laid horizontally, for extending your reach
- The only part connected to the motor is the brush dowel
- Easy to clean dirt compartment
- Over 700 reviews at Amazon, with a 4 out of 5 average mark
- On sale at the moment
The range of products offered by Bissell is not confined to machines alone. There are several cleaning formulas ranging from cleansing products to allergen formulas and odor formulas. After getting the right cleaning machine, this is a chance to get rid of all odor and remove tough stains besides clearing the stubborn allergens.
To remove the tough pet stains and odors, you don’t have to redo the cleaning using ordinary vacuum cleaners. Embrace these proven formulas and you will find cleaning cheaper than you expect.
In summary, Bissell is the cleaning partner that every homeowner should associate with. All forms of deep and vacuum cleaning are provided for, a reason why it is a progressively growing corporation regardless of the years that it has served. With excellent customer service and branches distributed across various regions, it is a cleaning partner that you cannot miss in your region.
Do you own a Bissell product? Had it ever needed repairs? If yes, did you manage to fix it quickly? Or are you planning to buy one? Have a good deal to share with our readers? Please write below, I would really appreciate any kind of feedback.
Latest posts by Jason Roberts (see all)
- McCulloch MC1375 – is this the best canister steam system for every household? - February 17, 2017
- Fortune Dragon cordless vacuum cleaner – flexibility for a low price - February 11, 2017
- Alfawise A6 – another pink robot to the rescue - February 2, 2017