SEBO may not be that known to all of you, but they make some quality vacuum cleaners and even some of the best. As the banner says, they truly are made with German legendary performance. Just be sure you got some bucks put aside for these vacs, as SEBOs are most of the times expensive machines well worth the money. If you keep reading, you will find out in just 2 minutes:
- Why you should try a SEBO vacuum cleaner
- Why you will save money by purchasing an 9559AM Automatic X4 Extra
- Where to find it and get the best deals
The Sebo 9559AM Automatic X4 Extra vacuum cleaner comes with some great features and an intelligent build. It is a great vacuum for all kind of surfaces. It can adjust its height automatically for the right surface. It has a sealing strip behind the brush so when cleaning hardwood floors, debris won’t be kicked back. You can even get it under the furniture. It has a low 5 ½ inch profile and you can lower the handle down to the floor so you won’ have a problem reaching tricky spaces. It has light indicators for the adjustment of the brush and it will indicate even when the bag is full or the brushroll has a problem. If warning light is turned on, the machine will automatically shutdown within 30 seconds so that the motor will not overheat from the lack of adequate airflow. You will get the standard accessories that are stored onboard to use with the instant wand that is always ready for you and easy to set up and put back in its slot. The vacuum also has a 1.4-gallon filter bag, which is very big and will keep you safe from allergens and pollens down to 0.3 microns (HEPA class). It comes with a 40 foot cord making it one of the longest on the market. One more spicy fact: the belt has a lifetime warranty. You can see the vacuum in it entire splendor in the following video:
List of specs
|Suction power||This vacuum has some serious suction going on. The airflow is rated at 103.8 CFM. You can even feel the power of the suction when you replace the old bag with a new one.|
|Input power||It has a 12 amp motor (1300 Watts), which is very powerful and provides great suction.|
|Dust capacity||The machine uses SEBO dust bags, some of the best vacuum dirt bags ever made, with one of the biggest capacities you've ever seen in a vacuum cleaner: the dust bag has 1.4 gallons space. You won’t see a particle of dust inside the machine or near the bags, since the bag material ensure a HEPA filtration.|
|Filtration system efficiency||Speaking about filtration, the whole vacuum is sealed so that the dirty air gets trapped inside and won’t get out through where the surfaces connect. SEBO is using Hospital-grade filtration and the filters are great for people with allergies and asthma. There are 3 layers of filtration:
1. The bags - 3/4 layered bags hold most debris, keeping it away from the air filters. Before disposal, they can be fully sealed, so no dust particle escapes.
2. S-class Microfilters provide electrostatic filtration, which traps airborne particles down to 0.3 micrones. You can also replace these with active carbon filters for complete odor elimination.
3. Exhaust Filter filters the air that passes through the vacuum motor.
|Weight and Dimensions||13 x 12 x 46 inches. It is a bit heavy because it has a lot of features that need space, but it is well balanced so it is still agile even if it feels solid. It weights 16.7 lbs. The nozzle width is 12 inches (X4) or 15 inches (X5).|
|Warranty||You get a 5 year limited warranty for the machine and a lifetime warranty for the belt of the motor.|
|Accessories||It comes with the standard accessories like the crevice tool, a dusting brush and an upholstery tool. The Pet version has an additional Turbo Brush and an extension hose. You can always buy more accessories for the machine, like the optional 3 piece kit which contains the 20 inches extension wand, a 9 inches extension hose and a parquet brush. Other attachments include the radiator brush, the flat upholstery nozzle and the Wall&Floor brush, as you can see in the figure:
|Special features||Automatic height adjustment - it will adjust itself for a better cleaning different surfaces.
Brush Obstruction Light with Automatic Shut Off - if something big or a cloth will get vacuumed, the machine will shut off so that the motor and belt stay undamaged.
Special light indicators - they will indicate the brushroll working mode.
Easy Brush Removal and Cleaning - the brushroll can be removed/replaced in less than 5 seconds.
Protective Rubber-coated Wheels - your bare floors are protected from scratches.
|Usability||It has high usability because its low profile: you can lower the handle flat to the floor and reach spaces far under the furniture. It also has an instant wand and onboard accessories that you can use with ease and spend less time cleaning. It has a 40 feet long power cord - you don't have to use the plugs so often. The noise in unbelievably low.
|Price||It is an expensive machine, but it’s worth the money. It is retailed at around $939.00 on Amazon.|
PRO reviews submitted by happy buyers
- It helps me clean the house. I have two big dogs and a variety of surfaces to clean. My other vacuum couldn’t do the job so i bought a SEBO X4. And it has helped me clean like no other.
- The SEBO does an amazing job near the walls. I though I had to get the wand out, but there is no need. It has an amazing suction power!
- I like that the power cord is super long. I don’t have to stop vacuuming to plug the machine into another socket.
- After 2 years of owning the vacuum, it still works great even if it was bombarded by the fur of our 3 big dogs that bring inside a lot of dust and things.
- I am quite picky with my vacuums, because of my allergies. SEBO has done a really good job with the bags and the sealing of the machine. My home is safe and healthy since I’ve been using it.
- The manager from the hospital I work bought 2. After I’ve seen what they can do, I bough one for myself. Amazing machine!
- It reaches everywhere. Even if it doesn’t have the looks, this Sebo has the best build I’ve seen.
- Light, powerful, usable. And made in Germany. It’s a no-brainer.
Con reviews submitted by disappointed buyers
- Pricy, and I don’t like its design.
- No cord rewind, no variable suction control, no adjustable handle. Seems like there are a few things missing.
My personal recommendation and VGM (VacuumsGuide.com Mark)
It is very hard to say something bad about this vacuum, because it is great. It rates highly on Amazon. It comes with a very high price tag, but it will last for a very long time. I had only one issue with it, the vacuum can go pretty low on a wood floor and it can scratch it. If you have soft sensible wood floor, it may scratch it even if the vacuum has rubber wheels and bumpers. A big plus goes to the filtration system and to the sound it makes, which is very low. Overall, I do recommend this machine, it is one of the best vacuum cleaner out there, and one of my top 5 vacs over $500. Sebo Automatic X line gets a 96 VGM:
Need more details on Sebo Automatic? Bought a X4 or X5 and want to share your opinion? Use the comments below, we are all waiting your feedback!
Latest posts by Jason Roberts (see all)
- ainol A-S11 – The review of quite a different robot vacuum - January 17, 2017
- The new Shark Rocket Complete with DuoClean – Is this the best stick on the market? - January 5, 2017
- Holidays news, discounts and coupon codes - December 26, 2016