The Air Cordless Series 3.0 Upright is a new model just released a few months ago. I was expecting an improvement, but Hoover exceeded by far my expectations. Although I try to be objective in my reviews, I would like to pinpoint from the beginning that this is the best looking cordless model on the market IMO. The design is simply impressive, I sense the competition is getting stronger between Dyson and Hoover, especially at the design level. By the way, TTI (Techtronic Industries, owners of Hoover company) is bringing the “war” to Dyson’s home field (UK), by selling the same model branded in VAX colors (named VAX Air Cordless in UK). Let’s not prolong this anymore – by reading my Air Cordless Series 3.0 review, you’ll find out in just a couple of minutes:
Why is this a top 5 model
- Why you should buy this model, instead of others
- How to find good deals/discounts for it
Before mentioning the specifications/features of this vac, I would like to present some services provided by Hoover/VAX that come to meet some of the needs of potential buyers that would determine them to purchase the Air Cordless instead of others. First of all, the manufacturer offers the possibility to pay for the product in 4 flat rates, in both US and UK, using a service called EasyPay. The company also offers free shipping, which is great for so many people living outside the main commercial centers, or even outside US/UK. You can try it risk-free for 30 days (during which you can return it, no questions asked), and most important, you get a 100% money back guarantee. All these services show the seriousness of TTI in handling delicate customer care aspects.
Why bagless/cordless? Let’s move to the list of specifications
The new trend in the industry of vacuum cleaners is to make the products as light, easy to use and silent as possible. The Air Cordless Series 3.0 brings a lot of improvements for the first 2 desideratum. Here is the list of technical data taken from producer’s website:
The sheet of features
|Suction power||Uses WindTunnel Technology with 3 air channels. This is the tip of the spear, the latest tech from Hoover which brings good suction power to cordless vacuum cleaners, power which remains constant and doesn't decrease with battery depletion.|
|Input power||The vac comes with 2 batteries (20 volts) based on LithiumLife technology, that together last an average of 50 minutest of continuous use, enough to vacuum 2,500 sqFt (230 sqM). The producer claims these batteries deliver 3 times more power than competitions cordless vacuums. Each battery takes around 3h to charge completely. You can also purchase additional batteries for $80/piece, and additional chargers for $50/piece. The Air Cordless Series 3.0 also has a battery level indicator, so you can check at any time the power levels, as you can see in the video bellow.
TIP: remove the battery from the charger after it is completely charged, to diminish potential damage which may appear as a result to overcharging.
|Dust capacity||0.277 gallons (approx. 1 liter), which is enough for cordless vacuums. As in the case of other similar products, you'll have to empty the bin after each vacuuming.|
|Filtration system efficiency||The producer is not providing special attention to this attribute. The Air Cordless uses a easy rinse washable filter, that needs to be washed every once in a while (every 2 months). After each wash, you'll have to leave it to dry. Just as in the case of the Linx, it filters dust particles, but doesn't come with HEPA filtration.|
|Weight and Dimensions||10 x 11.5 x 44 inches at 10 pounds - light weight and cordless, the definition of Air™ line.|
|Warranty||5 years limited warranty from the producer in US, 6 years warranty in UK. I'm not sure why the difference, but I guess Europeans like products with longer warranties.|
|Accessories||Not so many accessories as one would expect, but I guess this is the company policy. Air Cordless comes with the 2-in-1 Dusting and Crevice Tool, a Hard Floor Brush Roll and with a Pivoting Dusting Tool. You also get an additional air filter (to use if i.e. the other is wet) and a Removable Cleaning Wand that will help you to clean the furniture. If you need more tools (i.e. you have pets), you will have to buy separately accessory kits which include tools such as the Extended Length Crevice Brush, the Upholstery Tool, the Soft Dusting Brush, the Rubberized Hair-Lifter, the Dual-Edge Dusting Brush, the Dual-Edge Lint-Lifter and the Extended Length Crevice Tool.|
|Special features||Cordless - as stated by its name.
Multi-Floor Cleaning - you can turn the brush roll on or off.
Steerable Technology - you can steer the vacuum with just one hand.
|Usability||Good usability provided by the portability of the product and improved by the steerable technology. Works on bare floors, rugs and carpets, which is good. Has a low profile, just like the Linx, to you can reach areas under your furniture. However, the hose is very short (just 3 ft), and the noise is a bit higher than other cordless vacuums from Hoover (around 78 db).|
|Price||Around $249.99 on Amazon, pricy but definitely worth it.
Check out today's special deal for the Hoover Air Cordless
The PROs of the Air Cordless, reported by happy buyers
- Amazing! I think this is my 10th vacuum cleaner and my favorite one too. If I was a vacuum cleaner manufacturer, this is what I would be producing in 2014.
- I have no problem cleaning with my new toy, Hoover Air Cordless. Imagine your vacuum, but without a cord. It’s like a dream come true.
- I bought this for wifey, and now she loves me more.
- I have a dog that loses so much hair, I have no clue how is even possible to outgrow it back. And this vac has no problem with that.
- I think my family has more vacuums in their home than Hoover has in their factory, and all of them have power cords. I love this one because it hasn’t.
- The battery is outstanding. I love the fact I can clean the whole house in just one go. And the suction is great, much better than my neighbor’s Dyson.
- Very convenient for people that like quick clean-ups. Very portable, fast assembly, fast battery charge, I’ve made a great deal with this one. I just hope it lasts for 8-10 years.
- … it’s a solid built, I like the material. Super easy assembly, I didn’t even had to read the manual… works great on my carpets and lasted 1h with almost no interruption.
- Check out more reviews here
The CONs of the Air Cordless, reported by unhappy buyers
- … some hair fibers get stuck in the brush roll every time I vacuum, and I don’t even have pets. I think it should have a different rolling system…
- This vacuum cleaner has almost no suction. I can’t use it on my rug which has a 3 inch thickness… It’s very hard to use it in multiple bathrooms, because you have to manually remove all the hair from the brush roll…
- … not enough batteries… they should also supply a second charger…
- Don’t buy it if you own a dog. I get sick to remove all the hair from the front roll, which by the way, stops by itself if it overheats…
The VGM (Vacuums Guide Mark) and my final advice
Summing up all the negative and positive reviews, I have to say people either really love or totally hate this vacuum. I guess it is a matter of expectations. The good thing about these third party opinions is that a lot of people like the vacuum cleaner, while only a few are totally disappointed by it. Most of the PROs salute its portability and its utility. Most of the CONs target negative things that are generally common to all cordless vacuums. You just can’t expect from a cordless vacuum to have a better suction power than a corded one from the same generation. Also, many people report problems while vacuuming hair. However, I’m pretty sure most of them didn’t purchase the Rubberized Hair-Lifter tool, especially designed for removing pet hair, which comes separately. There are others that complain about the battery life. To those, I’d like to say that this vacuum offers 50 minutes of continuous powerful suction, as opposed to just 15 minutes offered by most of the other cordless vacuum cleaners out there. Finally, my VGM for this vacuum is 94:
Overall, I think that this is one of the best cordless vacuums out there. People how need flexibility and afford to pay a few extra bucks for it will get a top of the line vacuum cleaner, light, powerful and enjoyable. The Air Cordless is also fashionable, with those LED lights, transparent grip and blue plastic and metal insertions.
This vac made it to my top 5 vacuums in 2014 and it’s number 1 in my top 5 vacuums between $150 and $300. Used to be, but it has reliability issues, so I kind of took it out.
Do you want to buy an Air Cordless and you are looking for a nice deal? Have one already? Please share your thoughts with us! Ask me anything that is unclear, I’d be delighted to reply.
Latest posts by Jason Roberts (see all)
- March 2017 news – Spring deals on cleaning appliances and housekeeping products - March 17, 2017
- Spring Cleaning 101 – a quick guide for new beginnings - March 15, 2017
- A new spring cleaning giveaway from VacuumsGuide.com - March 3, 2017