Today, I’ll be presenting my personal vacuum cleaner. I’ve bought this baby a few months ago, and boy I have so much to tell you! Miele S7260 Cat & Dog upright is a representation of the the high-end 7s line vacs that have been produced under this brand name. This model has been re-branded to the Dynamic U1 Cat & Dog lately, but they’re basically one and the same (what is new is the AirClean filter, which has now a time strip that helps you see when you need to change it, and the bags are using a system called HyClean 3D, instead of the older HyClean). You will surely feel the kind of engineering and creativity that went into the design of this appliance the moment you start pushing it around on your floors. If its name did not provide much of a clue, perhaps it is time to tell you that this vacuum cleaner was specially designed for pet owners. From this brief this review, you’ll find out:
- the pros and the cons of this Miele
- whether it is worth it
- where to find a cheaper one, i.e. the Limited Edition
If you’re in a hurry, check out this great infographic I’ve made, that sums ups all the key points of this appliance:
To form a better opinion on the aspect of this vacuum, check out the pictures bellow:
Away from the bagless design, this appliance makes use of bags, which should be seen as a merit because the bags can comfortably contain the dirt and are very easy to dispose. The bags do not require regular replacement because they have a large capacity. Similarly, users are worry-free because a refill pack contains four bags, going at the most affordable price and each of them can last up to half a year. I change mine once every 4 months, but I’m a clean freak, I vacuum almost every day. Normal usage would ensure you 2 years of stress free vacuuming. With its filter-change indicator, you will automatically know when the bag is full and ripe for disposal.
The sheet of features
|Suction power||After using this for 1 minute, you'll definitely get a grasp on the power of this thing. It has a great suction power, as it automatically adjust itself to the contours of your floor. The consistent air flow gets all the dirt out of your carpets, deep rugs and bare floors. You can adjust the power of the vacuum cleaner by a rotary dial. The Vortex Motor will automatically comply and produce more or less suction, as required.|
|Input power||The S7260 consumes 1200 Watts, for powering the 4,800 RPM electro-brush motor.|
|Dust capacity||The dirt bags are big and consistent: 1.6 gallons (approx. 6 liters). These bags have a series of filtration systems that truly stand out. Other than this, I have to point out that this vac uses Type U bags, and you can get a pack of 4 for $18.75.|
|Filtration system efficiency||As I said, the bags are a big part in the filtration of this Miele. Between airborne particles less than 0.3 microns and you stand technologies such as AirClean FilterBag, or the Auto-Seal closure system. Another layer of filtration is provided by the Active Air Clean Filter, which is similar in performance with any HEPA filter. Optionally, you can get a HEPA filter instead of this, but let me assure you there's no need, as this is one of the safest vacuum cleaners I've ever tested in terms of filtration.|
|Weight and Dimensions||Measures 9.84 inches x 45.08 inches x 15.16 inches, and weights 21 lbs.|
|Warranty||Comes with a 7-year warranty on motor and casing, and 1 year warranty on all other parts.|
|Accessories||Endued with a Turbo brush nozzle, this inclusion alone can achieve a deeper cleaning exercise for pet owners and besides, it makes use of rotating bristles which are capable of doing a wonderful job in relation to pet hair. Purchasing this trendy vacuum cleaner will treat you to various accessories such as a dust brush, crevice tool, built-in telescopic wand and a hose. For this Miele, you expect nothing short of a classy feel whenever you dare each of these accessories.|
|Special features||LED lights - At the head of this vacuum cleaner you will see LED lights which have been fitted to illuminate tight and hidden places, carpets as well as tiny particles.
Reinforced ergonomic handle - for easier handling.
Motor protection indicator - protects the motor, if the vacuum gets clogged.
|Usability||The appliance features an extraordinary SwivelNeck Technology which allows users to steer the vac with just an effortless twist of your wrist. It is also built in a way that it can lie flat in relation to the floor surface, making it possible to reach tight areas such as under furniture and tight corners. Maneuverability is not an issue because it is fitted with 360-degrees swivel front wheels to offer an exceptional cleaning performance. The power cord is 39 ft. long, which is incredible useful! The hose also measures an additional 12 ft.|
|Price||Mieles are expensive, as always. This vacuum is on sale for $499.00.|
An interesting aspect of the S7260 is the automatic height adjustment feature. The electrobrush literally follows the tiniest contours on your floor, carpet and any other cleaning surface, and will therefore adjust automatically to different carpet depths to provide an even and consistent suction so that a gentle cleaning exercise is achieved.
It is one of the rare vacs that you will find in the market with two motor systems. This is a plus to its functionality because one motor serves the suction purpose while the other takes care of the brush bar. Its suction control is endowed with 4 different power settings, giving users an opportunity to adequately increase or lower its power to cater for delicate fabrics, rugs and drapes.
The design cannot be termed as complete without mentioning the AirClean sealed system which can filter and retain over 99.9% of all particles, dust and allergens. For pet odors, the AirClean system has activate charcoal which absorbs and ultimately neutralizes all the unwanted pet odors. As you clean all the messy areas, therefore, you will not be worried of any foul smell.
Unlike most vacuum cleaners, the Cat &Dog S7260/Dynamic U1 has a swiveling body, which means you can apply just a little force laterally and turn a corner without struggling, all thanks to its 360-degree swivel front wheels. The body is heavy enough that you wont worry of tipping over. Similarly, its hose is flexible enough, allowing you some easy cleaning regardless of how far or hidden your surfaces may seem. With an automatically adjusting brush head, you can rush from the carpeted living room to the tiled bathroom without interrupting or losing some suction.
- I’ve never imagined a vacuum cleaner so easy to use and yet so versatile and powerful. I’m deeply satisfied by my purchase, and I’m definitely recommending this vacuum cleaner.
- The price made me think for over a week whether I should buy it or not. In the end, I’ve decided to go with it, and I’m not regretting. I love the way it works. I assure you, this will be your best investment.
- Prior to the purchase of this appliance, I was using a Royal canister vacuum, which I had owned for 14 years. It was such a powerful vac which duped me into thinking that suction is all that matters. After bringing in my first two pets, however, I came across this powerful appliance, which I cannot even compare to my previous cleaner. Its maneuverability is amazing. Apart from the heavy design, the functionality of this appliance simply beats the purchase price by far.
- I have only used this vacuum cleaner for a very short time but over that period, I have taken it beyond its speeds all through my house which measures around 3500 sq. ft. It is made of all types of flooring, right from plush carpet to ceramic tiles and stair runners. I really liked this machine because it beats all the bagless appliances that I have used before. While the rest were a filthy mess to empty, this is amazingly different, adding to the fact that I own a dog with dander fur. It may be a little difficult to lift across the stairs but for anyone who owns pets, this is the only vacuum cleaner that I would recommend!
A message to take home
The 7260 Cat & Dog is a superb 7s (Dynamic U1) line vacuum cleaner from Miele, but it is certainly not meant for everyone. Considering the high cost of purchase, you will have to look at your budget first. Even so, its performance cannot be compared. Its maneuverability, stability and upbeat design place it at a level that most upright vacuum cleaners are shy of. Without any more fuss, here’s the VGM:
Overall I love the Miele S7260 and I’m pretty sure you’ll do to. But if you have any comments, or you need to add something, please use the form bellow. I’d really appreciate a feedback from you!
Latest posts by Jason Roberts (see all)
- iLife A6 – another robot vacuum from the Beetles family - May 28, 2017
- Shark Rotator DuoClean Powered Lift-Away Speed – a complete review - May 25, 2017
- Neato D5 Connected – the spearhead of robot vacuums - May 6, 2017