If you are looking to upgrade or just buy a new vacuum cleaner and you want to get 2014 features at good price the Kenmore Elite Bagged Upright Vacuum Cleaner – Silver is the product you are looking for. The guys at Kenmore really had outdone themselves with this awesome release. Keep reading this review to find out in less than 2 minutes:
- Why you’d want to upgrade to a newer model
- Why you don’t need to pay a fortune for a good vacuum
- Where to find the Kenmore Elite bagged and get the best deals
You can tell that a lot of effort in the developing of this great vacuum. Kenmore wants a place on the market and they have made a new motor for this. It’s called the 3-D and on paper it has 20% more suction power that the previous models. But the power is not the only thing you want in a good vacuum cleaner. Let’s not forget that 2014 is the year of the bagless and cordless vacuums and you can take a peak at the market to see that. The Kenmore Elite Bagged Upright stands in line with the traditional vacuums and has a bag and a cord, but Kenmore designed this vacuum cleaner with “Power Flow” which means it has dual walls with additional vents so you won’t lose suction when the bag is full and keep the air flowing. You also get headlights so you can spot dirt in dark places, under furniture and many other areas. And something you don’t get to see every day, you get an Infrared Dirt Sensor which alerts you to the dirt you can’t even see. You can have a look at this great vacuum cleaner in the video made by Kenmore:
The list of Kenmore Elite’s specifications
|Suction power||Provides great suction power with its new beltless 3-D Inducer Fan motor. You will get 20% more power that the older models. And thanks to the new Power Flow design, there will be no change in suction or performance caused by full bags or clogged filters.|
|Input power||12 amps, as most uprights.|
|Dust capacity||It's a bagged upright, so you'll have to replace the bags from time to time. Users reported changing them at every 5-6 months, but this depends a lot on your cleaning frequency. You can use type O or type U bags. The only difference is that type O bags are HEPA.|
|Filtration system efficiency||The HEPA certified filter is 40% lager and captures maximum debris like dust, pollen, dander and other allergens so it’s a good pick for those of you who are suffering from allergies. The vacuum has been even certified by the Asthma and Allergies foundation as ideal for allergy sufferers. The 3 filters are washable/replaceable.|
|Weight and Dimensions||13.8 x 12.2 x 45.8 inches. And it weighs 21 pounds, so it can be a little heavy.|
|Warranty||You will get the standard 1 year limited warranty, a little short if you ask me.|
|Accessories||You’ll get 4 onboard accessories like the Pet Handi-Mate hose and wand, crevice tool, upholstery tool and reach-out telescoping wand to get to places you couldn’t normally reach.|
|Special features||It has a 4 position height adjustment so you can clean all kind of surfaces. The Infrared Dirt Sensor will have you cleaning dirt you can’t even see. And the dual wall design will keep the air flowing when dirt accumulates.|
|Usability||It has great usability thanks to its 4 position height adjustment. The brushroll has 3 positions: Off, Floor and Carpet. This ensures you can clean any type of surface. The noise produced is medium. Although the power cord wrap is manual, the length of this cord is 35 feet, one of the longest I've seen. This ensures you can travel long distances without having to switch the plugs. Thanks you its powerful suction, the vacuum cleaner practically drags itself along the carpets and rugs.|
|Price||In online stores it is priced at 360$, but you can get best deals on sites like Amazon, SearsOutlet or Ebay and get it at around -.|
Positive reviews from buyers
- It is very powerful and I love that it is so easy to push. The wheels are like a part of the lower power head, so when you tilt the vacuum you don’t change the angle in which you are cleaning, which is great for my back!!!
- This vacuum cleaner never needs belts; it’s such a great machine!
- This vacuum has everything and it’s 3/4 the price of a Dyson.
- The Kenmore Elite is unreal, I really love it and recommend it to all of you!
- It’s very heavy and bulky, but I can’t imagine how it couldn’t be any lighter and still do the things it does. It makes everything shine, from my hardwood floors to tiles!
- With the dogs and all the dust that comes inside our home, not many vacuums could have been able to get the job done. My hubby and I are really happy we bought the Kenmore.
Negative reviews from buyers:
- The hose is kind of short and can make using the tools awkward. I also find it hard to maneuver.
- It’s really heavy and my small arms can’t get it up the stairs. I have to always ask my husband to carry it.
- For a 2014 vacuum cleaner, you should not have to manually gather the cord!
Personal thoughts and final VGM
The Kenmore Elite Bagged Upright Vacuum Cleaner does not have a lot of reviews because it just came out this year, but almost everyone highly recommends it on Amazon. I really enjoyed playing with this thing and it’s a very good vacuum cleaner. If you are willing to pay the price and you can lift it, you don’t need another cleaning machine. Sure, it is a little heavy, and of course you have to rewind the cord yourself. But the suction force is so good it is worth it. My VGM for the Elite Bagged is 93, which places it in my 2014 top 5 vacuum cleaners, even though it is not a bagless, cordless or the lightest upright:
Need some more details on the Kenmore Elite? Bought a Kenmore and want to share your opinion? Use the comment form below!
Latest posts by Jason Roberts (see all)
- 10 Best Shark vacuums for 2019 – a complete comparison - February 6, 2019
- Hoover PowerDash Pet Carpet Cleaner – review and comparison - February 5, 2019
- 10 Best Dyson vacuums for 2019 – reviews and comparison charts - January 20, 2019