If you have a limited budget (like most of us), you’re lucky: I’m here to help, by presenting you one of the best vacuums from the low-end segment. Just as we speak, this vac is discounted to under . But before you jump in and buy it, give these lines 1 minute of your time. Why?
- To learn more on what people say about it.
- To browse through its full characteristics.
- To check my VGM (VacuumsGuide.com Mark) and my personal expert opinion
Here you can find out additional stuff you won’t read on the selling page, such as where was this product made, specific features, its real pros and cons, and so on. This is the kind of stuff you can read on my site in all of my reviews; I just hope your curiosity will be satisfied.
Great, so now that we got things started, let’s jump right into the story of this Bissell vacuum cleaner.
I’m quite sure most of you guys like the price of this Bissell. I most certainly like it too. The main reason why this vacuum is so cheap is because it’s a small one. If you want to buy this vacuum, you’re lucky. This product was released about a year ago, so you get to see what people who bought it say. Let me tell you, that’s the real test of any appliance.
One more thing: it is more likely people give bad reviews, as satisfied customers care somehow less if their voice is heard, since they’ve accomplished their objective (that is to buy and use a great vacuum).
To get a better glimpse, check out this video made by Bissell:
Here are its full characteristics, which I’ve taken directly from producer’s page.
The sheet of features
|Suction power||Uses Cyclonic System for "long-lasting powerful suction". The translation is that it has a good-to-excellent suction power.|
|Input power||12 amps.|
|Dust capacity||0.6 gallons, fairly common.|
|Filtration system efficiency||Equipped with Multi-Level Filtration, basically a washable foam filter you need to take care from time to time.|
|Weight and Dimensions||14.6 x 10.8 x 31.5 inches at 15.1 pounds - which is lighter than most of the uprights.|
|Warranty||1 year limited warranty from the producer, 2 years from the actual Amazon seller which is actually pretty decent.|
|Accessories||hose, tube extension, dusting brush, TurboBrush and crevice tool. The TurboBrush is impressively powerful, with a great air flow within and around it.|
|Special features||OnePass Technology - an innovative brush design combined with high suction power provided by the pump claims to clean more on initial pass. Bottom Easy Empty dirt tank - allows you what the names says: to easily empty the dust/debris compartment.|
|Usability||Easy to use, a little bit too low to pick up cheerios from just one swipe. The brush role can't be turned off, which makes vacuuming bare floors a bit difficult. The noise is medium. And one more thing, the 25' cord doesn't rewind.|
|Price||Just less than (discounted price), which IMO is a great price for what it delivers.|
The positive reviews of this vacuum cleaner, reported directly by users:
- Great suction. Been using this for 1 month now, and am amazed at how much “hidden” dirt has been cleaned from these carpets!
- GREAT pick up power, love the adjustment levels, and all of the attachments. Cord length is really good too. All in all, I can definitely recommend this vacuum.
- Great vacuum for the price.
- Looks cheap but cleans like a Dyson.
- Amazing vacuum! So easy to move and not heavy at all!
- Better in every way than the $250 Eureka that we hate!
- Incredible vacuum. Even if it were to break soon, which I doubt it will, and I buy another one it would still be worth it as it is far better than my parents’ $350 vacuum.
- This sucker is amazing! It hasn’t had time to break yet; I’ll update it if it does. For now, it’s awesome.
- First Vacuum Cleaner that I have ever ordered and by far I am very pleased with this purchase. Works great and picks up everything that is on my hard wood floors and carpet! If you want a great vacuum cleaner do yourself the favor and save your money for this one!
- excellent lightweight vacuum good on cat hair too
- We’ve always used a canister vacuum. It was time to add an upright vacuum!
- I liked the ease it vacuumed with no bag requirements
- Currently with a great discount here
The negative reviews of this vac, reported by unhappy customers:
- Only drawback is that you can’t turn off the beater bar at all, which is sort of frustrating.
- … missing the adapter to hold the neck extension …
- Ordered in May, used 2 times and now it’s not working at all. Will not suck anything up at all.
- I bought this one and half month ago, used only a few times. But once I started using more I realized how bad it is. When I use it to clean the bare wood floor, the little particles or whatever things got suck into the vacuum will fly out from the back of the vacuum and hit my legs. That’s terrible. Because they fly out very fast and it hurts. I just regret I didn’t find out about this earlier, now I’m stuck with this useless crap.
- It worked for 15 mins, than it stopped. I believe a fuse went off.
- Died after 5 months of moderate use.
My VGM rating and thoughts on the product:
Ok, so let’s analyze these. First of all, let’s focus on the negative opinions. The fact is that the vacuum has 2 years of warranty, meaning that any reported story about how it will break in the initial period of use if not complete. Those people will most likely get a new one. Now, if you have a lot of bare floors, as I was mentioning in the first part of this review, you have to deal with the fact that the brush role can’t be turned off. I know this is annoying, but keep in mind you can always use the accessories (i.e. the dusting brush or the crevice tool) to get things done. Here are my individual ratings:
All things considered, my opinion is that this is a solid vacuum. Given the VGM, buying this product will most likely turn out to be a good investment. If you own an average home, with 4-5 bedrooms and just a few bare floor areas, than this vacuum is perfect for you.
Most inexpensive vacuum cleaners provide less suction power, bigger noise pumps, weight more and are more difficult to use. You simply can’t expect from a product under $100 to have more than 2 years of warranty. Simply put, BISSELL CleanView Upright Vacuum with OnePass is a bargain.
Overall, this is a top 5 in the list of vacuum cleaners under $150. I definitely recommend this product, you’ll have your home clean and some cash left in your pocket.
Do you own one? Please contribute with your experience! Plan to buy one and still have doubts? Ask them here, I’ll be more than happy to reply.
Latest posts by Jason Roberts (see all)
- Yeedi K600 – A Convenient Mid-Range Robot Vacuum - March 15, 2020
- 16 Best Shark Vacuum – A Complete Guide and Comparison 2020 - March 12, 2020
- Best 11 US-made vacuum cleaners that you should know about - March 10, 2020