The Bissell 1305 PowerGlide Pet is a new vacuum cleaner that is powerful and simple. This is the kind of machine that could satisfy everybody. If you decide to keep reading this review you’ll find:
- Why this is an excellent vacuum cleaner for pet owners
- Why you should buy a new 2014 vacuum
- Where to find it and the best offers
Bissell made a lightweight vacuum that can be maneuvered with ease thanks to its swivel steer. The producer is using for this vac the SuctionChannel technology, which means you get powerful suction from edge to edge making it a good floor cleaner. You’ll see that when you vacuum – you will not need any attachment to clean the corners or the edges of the room. All of that power produces an airflow that passes by 9 cyclones that will keep your filters clean longer and will prevent any loss of suction. And the key feature of this vacuum is its Pet TurboEraser that uses paddle-like rubber brushes to attract pet hair and dirt. It is an excellent overall tool, you don’t have to use it only on pet hair. It does a good job against any type of dirt and it is a great attachment that you won’t stop using. Bissell made sure that you get the best features in this machine, features like the brushroll on/off switch that makes it easy to get from carpet to hard floor with a push of a button. Here’s how it looks like, image credits to producer:
The sheet of features
|Suction power||It has a great suction power thanks to its SuctionChannel technology, with 9x multi-cyclonic suction that maintains the power over time.|
|Input power||It has an 8.5 amp motor. It is not that big, but the intelligent use of technology makes it efficient.|
|Dust capacity||It has a medium-to-low size cup: 0.264 gallons. It’s a bagless vacuum cleaner, you will have to empty it more often, but all you need to do is push a single button.|
|Filtration system efficiency||The multi-level filtration will keep your house safe from allergens. You get washable filters, so you don’t have to worry about changing them from time to time.|
|Weight and Dimensions||12 x 12.5 x 43 inches. It is a lightweight machine at around 16.3 pounds, common for most uprights.|
|Warranty||You’ll get a 5 year limited warranty, one of the longest warranties offered by Bissell.|
|Accessories||In the package you will get the Pet TurboEraser tool, crevice tool, an expandable hose. But if you need more flexibility, you can order more tools for this vacuum.|
|Special features||SuctionChannel Technology - offers edge-to-edge suction. |
9x multi-cyclonic suction - 9 cyclones to remove the debris from the air flow before it reaches the filters.
On/Off brushroll switch - now you can clean both bare floors and carpets.
|Usability||This vacuum is not noisy and comes with a 27 foot power cord (which however does not rewind). Because it is such a lightweight machine and it uses the swivel base, you can maneuver it with ease. Adding to that the suction power and the great use of accessories you’ll get a high usability score.|
|Price||Just spotted this vac at a $149.99 deal, which makes this vac one of the cheapest upright vacuums I've seen, considering its quality.|
This vac is pretty new, however, there are already a few reviews that will definitely share some light over its value.
Positive key points in customer reviews
- I own a St. Bernard that sheds like crazy. Bought this vacuum for the pet tool and i am not disappointed. It is kind of small but it does its job. I recommend this machine to pet owners.
- It is so powerful that it picks the dog bed out of the floor. Amazing suction.
- It is very easy to empty it or take it apart for maintenance.
- It is a great cleaning machine for pet owners. It is so powerful. I finally got all the dust that my dogs bring from outside from the rug, not to mention the hair.
- The low profile and swivel base really helps you get under the furniture or behind the couch where the cat likes to hide things.
- Love the adjustable height feature. First time I don’t use pain killers for my back after vacuuming.
- Bagless, powerful suction, easy to assemble and use, what can I say, I’m glad I bought the damn thing.
- Check out more reviews here.
Negative key points in customer reviews
- I wish it had a way to adjust it to carpet size.
- It is said on the cover that it is lightweight, but i find it quite heavy and it’s not an easy job cleaning the stairs.
- It looks like a sports car. The design is a bit to funky.
- I wish it has a retractable cord and a place to attach all the accessories. Not to mention the difficult process to attach tools to the extension hose.
My personal recommendation and VGM (VacuumsGuide.com Mark)
Even if you don’t own a pet or have a lot of hair to clean, this is a great vacuum cleaner for you. It is light and has a lot of power so you can clean your home like no other. One problem I found is that you can’t store the accessories onboard. You have to keep them in shop and move them around when cleaning. This may be annoying for some of you, but the vacuum cleaner does its job and you should really consider buying it together with a accessory bag. I’ll have to say I’m really impressed by this tool, I’ll give it a 92 VGM and place it in top 5 vacuum cleaners of 2014:
Do you want more info which I haven’t covered where? Did you buy a Bissell 1305 PowerGlide Pet with SuctionChannel Technology and want to share your story with us? Start a dialog by writing a comment in the form bellow. Kudos!
Latest posts by Jason Roberts (see all)
- 10 best vacuums for tiles – A sincere 2019 overview - January 13, 2019
- Shark ION F80 MultiFLEX review – pros, cons and comparison charts - December 22, 2018
- Miele Compact C2 Electro+ PowerLine vs Miele Complete C2 Hard Floor - December 19, 2018