This entry brings 2 novelties: this is the first Dirt Devil and also the first handheld vacuum cleaner that I review. Termed as the best handheld vacuum that comes with the “power of an upright vacuum in your palm”, the Devil Hand Vac 2.0 bagless handheld vacuum is definitely a little beast and lives up to its name. It ensures that even the hard to reach areas and narrow corners of your house remain clean and dust free at all times. Over the following 2 minutes of your time, let’s have a close look at its various features in this review.
This vacuum is designed to easily get to places where a regular full sized vacuum can’t, such as stairs, vehicles, furniture, carpets, and so on. The Devil Hand vacuum quickly deals with dirt and small particles in corners and couches with its plug-in, non-stop power. The machine encompasses red on black design, and has wide mouthed nozzle at 6.5 inches that closely holds motor-driven high speed brush rolls, making it best for picking up all types of debris and dirt. The vacuum is lightweight and has a small footprint. It can be packed and you can easily take it along even on your trips.
The vacuum’s motor driven high speed brushroll keeps rolling through any type of mess, big or small. You can empty dirt cup using its one touch button. This allows you to dump all the dirt at the mere touch of a button. Its reusable quick-rinse filter means you save bucks that you would have to otherwise spend on buying replacement filters. The vacuum is also equipped with a really long 20’ power cord. This allows you to take this machine anywhere without having to plug and unplug it again and again.
But lets not get ahead of ourselves and first, lets have a brief look over this product:
The sheet of features (adapted for handhelds)
|Suction power||This handheld vacuum cleaner uses its strong motor together with a Turbo air-driven brushroll, coupled to the product by a belt like the one you can see in the pic bellow (style 17):|
|Input power||The motor of this product is very efficient. Previous handhelds from Dirt Devil had input powers of up to 7 Amps. The second version of Hand Vac Bagless runs with only 2 Amps!|
|Dust capacity||Has about 0.6 liters capacity, enough for a good run. You can dispose the dust inside the bin with just a push of a button, so I'm satisfied with this cup size.|
|Filtration system efficiency||As presented above, comes with washable filters. Not even close to HEPA standard, but pretty good actually, one of the best of what I've seen in handhelds.|
|Weight and Dimensions||Weights an incredible 2.8 lbs! Previous versions weighted 4 lbs or more. This is indeed the lightest handheld I ever tested.|
|Warranty||1 year for motor and parts, common for Dirt Devil.|
|Accessories||There are no accessories with this vacuum cleaner, but most of us don't really need any from a handheld.|
|Special features||No special features to report, except the product has a dependable quality and one of the best customer support.|
|Usability||The good length of the power cord (20 ft) coupled with the diameter of the nozzle width (6.5 in) ensures a good usability. The noise produced by the vacuum is low. People use it virtually anywhere, from homes, to cars, restaurants and even cinemas.|
|Price||The great thing about this product is it's price, which is discounted today to Price not available.|
Now, this unit also comes with a unique replacement belt and replacement tool. It’s owner’s manual has all the instructions on ways to replace the belt. The entire replacement process is easy, as you just have to remove few screws, disassemble some parts and slip in your new belt using the belt tool, and put on everything back together.
This electricity operated vacuum has all the convenience of a battery powered machine. There are no bags, you just need to empty a small cup, and it has an easy to clean filter. The vacuum has much more power, but you are limited by the reach of its cord.
Dirt Devil Hand Vac 2.0 is a Perfect Match For You If…
- If you’re interested in a powerful yet light handheld vacuum that can easily clean upholstery and carpets.
- If you want a quiet vacuum that can clean any time whether it’s a day or night without disturbing others.
- You want a vacuum that can pick up pet hair effortlessly.
The Dirt Devil 2.0 SD12000 Corded Handheld Vacuum is a compact, stylish, compact and very powerful vacuum that can effectively clean almost anything. It’s also the company’s most recent models and it has made an impressive debut with thousands of consumers.
Many buyers complain that this machine doesn’t come with any attachments, but the main emphasis of this vacuum is on cleaning textile surfaces and carpets. At such a low price point, you definitely get full value for your money, which makes it a true favorite among buyers.
PROs from happy buyers
- Very effective at cleaning all types of pet hair. The strong suction power combined with brush roll makes it good for picking up all types of pet hair and pet dander.
- Long cord with integrated storage. The vacuum comes with a high quality 20 foot long cord that can be easily wrapped around the base. This helps you with transporting this vacuum around, without unplugging it.
- I find it effective at cleaning carpets and upholstery. The motor drive high speed brushroll of the vacuum rotates continuously, and can easily clean up the ground-in, tough dirt and different sized debris. It works excellently on carpets, rugs and upholstery.
- It’s surprisingly quiet. The operation of this vacuum is very quite, which is definitely a big advantage as you can use it to clean at any time.
- Has easy to clean filters. I can quickly rinse filter and empty the dirt container with a mere touch of a button.
CONs from unhappy buyers
- The vacuum has no attachments.
- The belt that drives the beater brush can get very hot and vacuum may emit a faint burning smell of rubber after you use it continuously for a while. It usually comes form the belt. The company has included a belt and belt replacement kit in the package.
What Customers Are Saying
The Dirt Devil Hand Held Vac 2.0’ is currently the highest rated handheld portable vacuum on Amazon with a score of 4.7 out of 5 stars. Almost all reviewers have left behind a good rating of between 4 and 5 stars out of 5, which is really impressive to say the least.
Conclusion and VGM
You can go anywhere with the Devil Hand Vac 2.0 Bagless Handheld Vacuum. You can get to all places that full size vacuums can’t: stairs, cars, upholstery, and more. You can quickly tackle dust and dirt in corners and couches with this nonstop, plug-in power. You have a next generation portable power of an upright in the palm of your hand! Here’s my VGM for this great product:
If you want a vacuum that can be easily used by kids and adults, go ahead and buy Devil Hand Vac 2.0 Bagless handheld vacuum. It has all the convenience of a battery powered machine, plus there is no bag to dispose. The vacuum is affordable and will definitely last for years. Any questions about this product? Do you think there’s a better handheld from Dirt Devil? Bought it already and want to share your opinion? Please use the form bellow.
Latest posts by Jason Roberts (see all)
- Best Vacuum for Stairs – Clean Carpeted Steps like a Boss in 2020 - February 17, 2020
- Roborock H6 vs Dyson V11 – Which is the Best Cordless Vacuum? - February 9, 2020
- Bissell CrossWave Max – A New Cordless Mop - January 25, 2020