Established as a backyard garage, this is one of the companies that has undergone the greatest transformations and change of hands before it was officially recognized as Dirt Devil. The founder was Philip A. Geier, establishing one of the pioneer companies devoted to the production of vacuum cleaners around 1905. Doing most of their productions by hand, they progressively produced metal vacuum cleaners for years before they decided to establish two more divisions.
The company was purely specializing in the production of vacuum cleaners, but had an interest in mixers, washing machines and hair dryers which they also started producing on small scale. In 1953, however, the founder gave up the company by selling it to Walter E. Schott Organization. The new owners immediately renamed the organization to Royal Appliance Manufacturing. They were good in continuing the production process, but gave up on the company so soon.
Stan Ebor, who was an employee at Royal Appliance, led a group of other employees and they embarked on a journey to salvage the company. He led the company to great progression until 1981 when he passed on, but having expanded its production on all phases.
Some investors saw a good opportunity in Royal Appliance after 1981, which they purchased and marketed aggressively. By the year 2000, sales had multiplied enormously as a result of aggressive marketing strategies. Their greatest achievement came along in 1984, when they produced the first cleaner called Dirt Devil® Hand Vac. It became a hit, securing the biggest sales ever seen in the company. Since then Dirt Devil has roamed the cleaning industry extensively. The company continues to groom its brand by ensuring the strongest consumer satisfaction. Here is an overview of the products that they offer at the moment:
Stick Vacuum cleaners
Dirt Devil has channeled a great deal of time and effort towards the production of stick and broom vacuum cleaners, which are not only lightweight but also small enough for convenience when cleaning the rather difficult areas to reach. Their vacuum cleaners are made with precision to ensure smooth and efficient cleaning of hard floor surfaces which an ordinary vacuum cleaner may not handle.
The range of products under this category include bare floor cleaners, rechargeable stick vacuum cleaners, and corded stick cleaners. New in this list is The Dirt Devil® Vac+Dust with SWIPES, an appliance that is built with the powerful Dirtlock Technology, which collects all the dirt that disposable pads may leave behind. It is wonderful for any hard floor surface. From as low as $50, you can secure yourself one of these stick vacuum cleaners. Here’s my favorite DD stick:
Dirt Devil Simpli-Stik
- Among the best sellers on Amazon, rated high buy customers
- Ultra lightweight: just 3.8 pounds. Measures only 7 x 9 x 40 inches. These dimensions recommend the Simpli-Stik as one of the best stick vacuums.
- Can be converted and used as a hand-held or an utility vac.
- Comes with rolling wheels and convenient cord wrap. There are lots of $150 models which don’t have these features.
- The power cord measures 16 ft, more than enough for most cleaning jobs.
- It’s bagless! No more money spent on dirt bags.
- Consumes just 1.25 Amps.
- Has a 1-year limited warranty.
- Ideal for small apartments and offices. Works good with medium amounts of pet hair.
- Comes with a built-in crevice tool.
- The F25 filters are washable and easy to replace.
- Has a good suction power and produces a medium sound.
- Costs only $25.91. I’ve eaten pizzas which were more expensive. A real bargain IMO.
Handheld vacuum cleaners
When opting to clean little messes around the home, handheld vacuum cleaners are the best. Dirt Devil has come up with cordless models, offering all the flexibility you need when cleaning the little messes in your home. With $35, you will enjoy the services of Dirt Devil® HandVac 2.0 bagless handheld vacuum cleaner, which you can carry anywhere you go. Ranging from cars to stairs where a full size vacuum cleaner may not be effective, this is one of the products you will get from Dirt Devil to effectively handle dirt and dust.
Dirt Devil HandVac 2.0
- Free shipping, rated favorably and discounted on Amazon
- The newest HandVac generation from Dirt Devil looks and feels outstanding.
- The motorized brushroll rotates at really high speeds and sucks up all the dirt and debris, no matter the size.
- With a 20 ft power cord, you can reach further through your home without unplugging the device.
- It’s bagless and the bin can be emptied easily, with just a push of a button.
- Filters are designed to be quickly washed.
- Weights only 4.9 pounds and has versatile dimensions: 11 x 6.5 x 8.8 inches.
- Produced in China and currently only available in US.
- No additional attachments, but you can purchase those separately.
- The grip handle is especially designed to increase the comfort of the user.
- Consumes 120V/2amps.
- Extra quiet!
- Comes with a belt replacement kit, which includes a new belt and a belt removal tool.
- Has a 1 year limited warranty.
- Check out the full review of the Dirt Devil Hand Vac 2.0 Bagless
Upright vacuum cleaners
For a detailed cleaning exercise, an upright vacuum cleaner is what you need because it has all the necessary attachments to effectively handle dirt, debris and dust. Whether you are cleaning floors or carpeted areas, therefore, Dirt Devil offers all the upright vacuum cleaners that you require. Under this category, you will also be required to choose between bagged and bagless cleaners, depending on personal preferences and what you think will suit your cleaning requirements. My favorite one:
Dirt Devil Dash Dual Cyclonic
- One of the latest DD models, this vacuum cleaner comes with a Vac+Dust Hard Floor Tool equipped with a SWIPES microfiber pad. Thus all the dirt and dust, from microscopic to heavy, will be picked by the product.
- DD Dash provides constant suction thanks to its Dual Cyclonic filtration.
- The brushroll can be turned off or on by pushing a simple pedal. Thus you can seamlessly clean both bare floors and carpets.
- Uses the Direct Path Technology – it captures edge dirt across the entire cleaning path, which measures 12.5 in.
- Attachments include the extension Wand, the Vac + Dust tool, the 2-in-1 combo tool and an air powered Turbo Tool, that will prove highly valuable in your cleaning endeavors.
- It’s a bagless vacuum cleaner, with an easy dirt cup empty button.
- It adjusts its height automatically, to create a continuous and powerful airflow between the device and the cleaned surface.
- You can reach ceilings and floors in the same round, thanks to its 12 ft hose stretch capability.
- The HEPA media filters are reusable.
- A 25 ft power cord provides you enough length to clean around the house.
- A 3 year warranty talks about the quality of this product.
- Costs around Price not available, with a good discount
They are recognized for their effectiveness in cleaning, besides their cost effective nature arising from the technology with which they are made. Dirt Devil tops in the production of vacuum cleaners which can go from the carpet right to under couches and hardwood floors without necessitating the movement of furniture or interchange of attachments.
Featherlite Cyclonic Bagless Canister is an example of the bestselling canister vacuum cleaners from Dirt Devil. With less than $60 you get yourself this vacuum cleaner which is lightweight and fitted with a retractable brush to clean even the dirtiest of messes.
The company has also come up with the newest and most innovative ways of cleaning hard floors which include hardwoods, vinyl, linoleum and tiled surfaces. The steam cleaners from dirt devil are designed to heat water within the shortest time, enabling you to finish any cleaning exercise fast.
With $45, you will purchase the top selling Easy Steam Mop. It has a continuous steam generation mechanism which is responsible for evenly distributing steam across the pad surface. Using the regular tap water, you will be served with steam within 30 minutes to complete your cleaning needs fast.
These are innovations meant to ease the handling of dirt without brooms and wastage of disposable pads. Once you have finished using the swipes, you only need to toss them into a wash and they will be ready for use again.
Vacuum cleaner parts
Apart from this detailed list of vacuum cleaners offered by Dirt Devil, they also produce several vacuum cleaner parts to extend the shelf life of your appliance and increase effectiveness in case one of the parts breaks down. These include belts, filters, adapters and bags.
Apart from the retail stores which you are perhaps used to, Dirt Devil also offers the best of deals to customers who opt to make online purchases. These include discounts, bundles and great savings on closeout products. Whether you buy from an outlet store or online, you will get a full warranty on all products.
Dirt Devil also offers an affiliate program from which you can earn good money. They have a detailed description of the affiliate policies on their website, and an application form that you will fill online for consideration. With such a popular brand, you have the opportunity of getting popular once you partner with Dirt Devil.
Cleaning can be one of the most tedious exercises but with a trusted partner such as Dirt Devil, it becomes an enjoyable venture. Do you own a one? Like the smooth red color of these appliances? Thinking of buying one and still have doubts? Post your thoughts in the form bellow, for the benefit of humanity ;).