Electrolux is one of the leading global companies in the production of home appliances. Having designed their first vacuum cleaner with metal runners, it has taken over 90 years for the company to achieve its standing as one of the global leaders in the production of vacuums. They were among the first to hit Eastern European supermarkets 15 years ago, but their history starts from way before.
Little bit of history
With its establishment dating back to 1919, the success of Electrolux has mainly depended upon its close contact with immediate consumers. It was not until 1921 when the company launched their model V vacuum cleaner, which was lighter compared to the earlier models that were stand-up units which could not be moved easily. In 1937, they launched Model XXX, with an aim of introducing sleek designs to home appliances. The company then proceeded with the production of sleek refrigerators and dishwashers, a trend that has kept it going till today. They have produced some of the most versatile washers such as the Ultra Clean Washer, which comes with an ultrasonic stain-removal pen, mounted directly on the machine to increase its efficiency. Due to the wide variety of home appliances offered by this company, this article explores the broad categories of items that you expect to find under Electrolux and its constituent brands.
I know you’re probably here to read about cleaning products, but I couldn’t written this without blabbing a little on the kitchen products made under Electrolux brand. You see, Electrolux is the only manufacturer in the world so far that has managed to offer kitchen appliances for restaurant, household and industrial functions. They contribute to two thirds of the company’s sales, and are rated among the most energy-efficient alternatives in the world of kitchen appliances. Some of the appliances for which the company is recognized include cookers, ovens and hobs. They also produce dishwashers, fridges and freezers, serving industrial kitchens and restaurants on a global scale. However, it is essential to note that Electrolux is an umbrella group which constitutes other brands such as Zanussi and AEG, which implies that some of the products will be produced and sold under these constituent brands.
It is also essential to note that Electrolux is not producing appliances for the mere sake of flooding the consumer market. With the progressively changing lifestyles and demand for products that simplify food preparation, make it healthier and ultimately make its storage better, the company has made serious efforts to stay in touch with these changing trends, so as to produce the most updated appliances.
In this group, Electrolux takes pride in front-load washing machines. Specializing in the production of advanced laundry options, Electrolux serves various laundry segments such as hospitals and hotels, commercial laundries and laundry rooms in various apartments. As is the case with kitchen products, the group uses various brands to market these products in different regions around the world. In Europe for example, the products are sold under Electrolux brand name while in North America, Frigidaire is the brand that has been entrusted with these products. Apart from the front-load washers, the group also produces different types of tumble-dryers and washing machines, especially for household uses.
There is no doubt that the group stands among the biggest producers of vacuum cleaners and their respective accessories. In this category, the group has also produced domestic appliances such as irons, coffeemakers and mixers. They have shifted a special focus to the production of energy-efficient vacuum cleaners. Most of these are meant for the upper-price-segment, perhaps a reason why the company leads in the production of central vacuum cleaners.
Performance and function are the guiding principles in the production of small appliances. Consumers often require vacuum cleaners endowed with the highest suction power and user-friendliness. Urbanization has also led to the introduction of small but multiple households across the globe, which calls for compact but efficient appliances that will fit the little storage areas that exist. In response to these demands, Electrolux and its subsidiaries, has moved closer to the immediate consumers to understand their real needs and produce highly efficient vacuum cleaners and other home appliances.
Electrolux also ensures the production of small appliances, not only for the storage needs but also to ease cleaning, especially in small places such as kitchens and along the walkways. This is why you will find upright vacuum cleaners, canister vacuum cleaners and stick vacuum cleaners that are relatively smaller than what you would conventionally expect, but this enhances rather than undermines the functionality of the product.
Here are 3 of my favorite Electrolux vacuum cleaners available at the moment, with some insane discounts (one is reduced with 50%!!!):
Electrolux UltraPower Studio EL3000A
- One of the best cordless lightweight vacuums I’ve seen, this baby come with 25V Lithium ION batteries that may last up to 60 minutes of continuous use! Take that, Hoover Air Cordless.
- Choose among 3 levels of power.
- the Brushroll Clean TechnologyTM helps you to remove the tangled hair from the brushroll with just a press of a button.
- Measures 43 x 10.5 x 5.5 inches and measures 6 lbs., which is better than most common dimensions among stick vacuums.
- It’s a bagless, so no more bags to buy and throw.
- Front head lights bring a futuristic touch.
- Easy to steer, thanks to the 180-Degree Swivel.
- Can clean both bare floors and carpets.
- Unlike most sticks, this vacuum cleaner brings a fair amount of tools including a crevice tool, a dusting brush and a charging stand.
- Has a 2 year warranty clause.
- With a great discount, on sale here.
Electrolux UltraCaptic EL4650A
- You’ll really love this bagless canister, for its compact feel, its Go Dust Cup and its wonderful power-head.
- As expected, you’ll get premium HEPA filtration that will eliminate 99.97% of various airborne particles.
- Thanks to its innovative multi-cyclonic design, it never looses suction, not even when the dust cup is almost full.
- The 21 ft. of power cord can be re-winded easily, for convenient storage.
- Cleans perfectly any kind of surface, from hardwood floors to deep rugs and carpets, thanks to is adjustable floor nozzle.
- Some more dimensions: cleaning path 13″, hose length – 6 ft., weight – 15 lbs., dirt bin capacity 1.4 oz
- Comes with a 5 year warranty
- Here’s the a good deal for this product
Electrolux UltraOne Deluxe EL7085ADX
- One of the best canisters on the market, is also one of the most expensive. You can get this vacuum cleaner for about Price not available.
- Comes with premium HEPA filters, a must-have for allergic persons. Moreover, the vacuum is completely sealed, ensuring no particles are escaping from it. The vacuum electronically shows you when it’s time to change the filters and bags.
- The motorized brushroll from the powerhead allows the UltraOne Deluxe to be used on a wide variety of carpet surfaces. Better yet, the brushroll can be turned off, which allows you to clean bare floors.
- Control the suction power so you can vacuum draperies and upholstery.
- Similarly to Electrolux models presented above, comes with headlights on the power-head.
- Never purchase replacements again, thanks to the he Lifetime Belt technology.
- As most canisters out there, comes with an automatic cord rewind system.
- Ultra-quiet operation – protect your family and neighbors from stress causing common vacuum sounda.
- Comes with 7 year limited warranty.
Electrolux is not concerned with the production of laundry, cleaning and cooking appliances alone. It is a versatile entity, which also takes pride in adjacent categories including water heaters and air conditioning equipment.
In 2013 for instance, they introduced a new range of products, which had an entirely different packaging design. These were hob cleaners, oven trays and food probes which have digital thermometers.
The global demand for water heaters and air conditioners is almost equal to that of freezers and fridges, but has always been postulated to grow at a faster rate as we move on, and this is primarily driven by emerging markets. In terms of air conditioning equipment, however, the group has a strong basis in Australia, US and Brazil where it is now competing with other leaders in the market.
Other than households, these adjacent appliances are also sold out to offices and hotels to handle food storage and general living needs. They can either be sold singly or in combination with other Electrolux products and as aforementioned, sometimes they are sold under different brand names depending on the region, but this is of no implication that the quality differs from one location to the next.
The group is now selling heat pumps, dehumidifiers and air conditioners to the medium markets under the brand names of Electrolux and Zanussi. Electrolux also adopted the Olympic group recently, which has enabled the production and distribution of water heaters in Egypt and its neighborhoods.
Due to the diversified nature of the group and the number of subsidiaries that constitute the entire mass, it is possible to produce various appliances in different parts of the world without compromising quality. With a team of designers targeting sustainability and efficiency in their productions, Elextrolux will surely serve almost everyone with an appliance of their choice anywhere around the globe.
So, what do you think about Electrolux? Do you own an appliance from these guys? Have a story to tell? Use the form bellow, we’re all listening.