It’s been a while, but I’ve been very busy with my Spring cleaning. I want to present today a tool which proved to be invaluable, providing lots of help with our house exterior. This device is the Greenworks 24072. Greenworks company specializes in manufacturing high-quality tools, with zero carbon footprint. With a business model built on sophisticated technology and ecological sustainability, their yard and garden tools are a great choice to get the work done without inhaling noxious, foul-smelling gas fumes that pollute the air around you. It must say from the begging, this model has a cordless alternative. However, with my tight budget, I found this model to have the best price/quality ratio.
This is among the first shop-vac I review, so here’s what you’ll learn from me in the next couple of minutes:
- how good is the corded Greenworks 12 Amp Corded Blower/Vac
- what are its main strong points, but also its flaws
- where to get it cheaper
Here’s how it looks like (the cordless model, I couldn’t find the corded one):
If you’re looking for a great blower/vacuum with no carbon footprint and great features, the Greenworks 24072 is for you. Unlike raking leaves, which is strenuous and time-consuming work, a leaf blower/vac allows you to easily make your yard pristine, gathering leaves and turning them into useful compost. With no noxious emissions and zero carbon footprint, it’s one of the most environmentally responsible yard vacuum on the market.
Specs and Features
The 24072 offers a range of great, useful features that make it easier than ever to clear your yard of leaves and other debris. Some of our flagship features include:
- Variable speed dial, delivering speeds up to 235 miles per hour to effortlessly clear away leaves and other debris. With a top wind speed of 235 mph, the Greenworks 24072 will easily clear even hard, heavy tree leaves from your yard. Despite being eco-friendly, this blower/vac is a surprisingly powerful machine.
- 14:1 mulch ratio, allowing you to compact 16 bags of leaves into a single bag of compost. With this Greenworks , you can easily convert otherwise useless leaves into useful, space-saving mulch. Composting is a great way to get your own, environmentally friendly fertilizer, giving you rich humus that’s great for your yard and garden. The 14:1 mulch ratio saves space and time, compressing large amounts of leaves into one convenient bag of compost.
- Metal impeller that can mulch even the hardest, toughest leaves. The metal impeller (made from magnesium) is designed to prevent clogging as the leaves are ground up into mulch. It’s strong and durable, able to grind up any leaf that comes its way.
- Quick, convenient transition from blowing to vacuuming functions. You won’t lose any time switching between functions on this blower/vac. Switching functions doesn’t require any tools, saving time and energy so you can finish your yard work quickly and efficiently.
- Lightweight, easy-to-carry design. Carrying a blower/vac around can be hard work. It can potentially strain your muscles, especially your back, leading to soreness and other problems. Weighing in at less than 9.2 lbs, this vac is surprisingly lightweight, making it easy to carry and use without the risk of muscle strain.
- Low vibration. Many leaf blower/vacs vibrate loudly and incessantly, which can be frustrating and make the tool difficult to use. The Greenworks 12 Amp is specifically designed to vibrate as little as possible, making for an easier, smoother leaf blowing experience.
- Cord lock, preventing accidental unplugging. Few things are more frustrating than having your blower/vac come unplugged accidentally, forcing you to stop what you’re doing and go plug it back in. This vacuum is outfitted with a cord lock specifically to prevent this from happening, speeding up the leaf blowing process and saving you the hassle of periodically plugging it back in.
- Limited 4-year warranty. This keeps you protected if anything happens to your device, giving you peace of mind about your investment.
- Zero carbon footprint. The release of carbon into the atmosphere by man-made technology is a leading cause of air pollution, climate change, and other serious problems. The Greenworks Blower/Vac has no carbon footprint, allowing you to clear your yard of leaves without contributing to environmental damage.
- No emissions. Blower/vacs, especially gas powered models, are notorious for releasing nasty emissions into the air around them. They can emit carbon monoxide, a potentially deadly gas that pollutes the air; nitrogen oxides, another class of air pollutants; hydrocarbons; and particulate material that can be dangerous if it gets into your throat and lungs. This unit does not emit any of these undesirable substances, giving you a clean, nontoxic leaf cleaning experience.
- Comes with blower/vacuum, blower tube, vacuum tube (2 pieces), collection bag, and owner’s manual (6 pieces total).
- Variable speed: max 235 mph.
- Dimensions: height – 12 inches, width – 6 inches, depth – 32 inches
- Energy Star approved
What Customers are Saying About the Greenworks corded blower/vac?
The Greenworks 24072 has been a hit with customers for its ease of use, environmentally friendly low carbon footprint, and considerable power. According to one enthusiastic Amazon reviewer, “This is a great piece of equipment that has made my yard and driveway clean up a (stiff) breeze. The changeover from blower to vac is quick and relatively easy. This unit does the job and cut the time and energy needed for cleanup to 10% of what it was.” According to another satisfied customer, “within 30 minutes I had my patio cleaned up.” A third person adds, “I wanted to get a leaf blower, tired of sweeping all the clippings from the sidewalk, tired of raking dead leaves, etc. So, I looked carefully and read reviews/specs of the products available. I also didn’t want to spend a ton of money. This product performs beautifully. It is very easy to convert from vacuum to blower, no tools needed. The parts literally snap together.” Another customer was impressed by the durable magnesium metal impeller, designed to cut through the toughest leaves: “The reason I purchased this Blower-Vac was because of the metal impeller. My last one had a plastic one and one vane broke off. When I tried to order a new impeller I discovered they were no longer manufactured. I have used my Greenworks 24072 on several occasions and could not be happier.” From the easy transition between the blower and vacuum attachments, to the low emissions, to the well-made parts and quality craftsmanship, the Greenworks 24072 has impressed many people with its efficiency and power. You can read here more reviews about it.
The Greenworks 24072 12 Amp Variable Speed Corded Blower/Vac has resonated with me for its low environmental impact, its convenient ease of use, and its surprising power packed into a compact, lightweight package. It’s a durable, effective tool for clearing your yard and patio of leaves and other debris, with the added benefit of using the vacuum function to create compact, useful mulch. Here’s my VGMsv (VacuumsGuide.com Mark for shop-vacs):
So, what do you think about this tool? Would you buy it? Have some questions or comments? Please use the form bellow to make yourself heard by me and by the audience.
Latest posts by Jason Roberts (see all)
- Yeedi K600 – A Convenient Mid-Range Robot Vacuum - March 15, 2020
- 16 Best Shark Vacuums for 2020 – A Complete Comparison - March 12, 2020
- Best 11 US-made vacuum cleaners that you should know about - March 10, 2020