I’ll admit, Hoover has a great range of lightweight vacuum cleaners. The product reviewed bellow, the Hoover Corded Cyclonic Stick Vacuum is one of them. It is a great cleaning machine for apartments or small houses. It weights around 8 pounds and has its easy to maneuver thanks to its swivel steering. It’s also easy to store. It has a low profile and with its extreme recline handle you will have no problem reaching under the furniture or in tricky spots. If you continue to read this review you will find out:
- Why this product is #3 in Amazon sales for stick vacuums. More than 1000 people rated this product with 4.4 stars out of 5.
- Why small and cheap is sometimes better that big and expensive
- Where to find it and get the best offer
You may think that because of its reduced size, you would not get the same power or cleaning efficiency as in the case of a bigger machine, but you are wrong. Hoover has done a great job in designing this machine. The vacuum uses the WindTunnel Technology that provides deep cleaning to any targeted surface. As the name of the vacuum implies, it uses multi-cyclonic suction that will keep your filters clean for longer and will prevent the loss of suction. And in this small machine you get to power off the brushroll, which makes it a good multi-surface cleaner. By the way, you won’t have problems cleaning the edges either, as it has an edge cleaning capability. It may not come with any accessories but it is a good floor cleaner for people without many cleaning needs.
Enough introduction. Here are a few images that present the Hoover Corded Cyclonic Stick in its full splendor, and then lets get straight to product specifications:
The sheet of features
|Suction power||For its size it provides great suction thanks to the WindTunnel Technology and the multi-cyclones that keep the air flowing so the machine won’t lose suction.|
|Input power||It has an input power of 220 watts (2 amps), which is surprisingly low, but the motor is very effective.|
|Dust capacity||It is a stick vacuum so the dust bin will be small, but easy to empty. You just need to get it out and push a single button - the lid flips open easily. The cylindrical container has around one quart in capacity.|
|Filtration system efficiency||Unfortunately, this vacuum cleaner doesn't come with HEPA filtration. Instead, you get re-washable foam filters, so you don’t have to worry about getting new filters every now and then. And because of the multi-cyclonic design, they will stay clean for longer.|
|Weight and Dimensions||10.6 x 8 x 25 inches. The package weighs 9.3 pounds and the vacuum is under 8 pounds, which makes it a light machine and easy to maneuver. The nozzle has a width of 11 inches.|
|Warranty||Comes with a 2-year limited warranty.|
|Accessories||Unfortunately, this vacuum is not designed to support accessories. Not even a crevice tool.|
|Special features||Powered brushroll - The brushroll controls are comfortably placed on the ergonomic handle.|
|Usability||For a small vacuum without accessories, it provides good usability thanks to its maneuverability provided by the swivel steering. The power cord has 20 ft which is long enough so you don’t need to plug it in an out all the time.|
Another great feature that contributes to the usability of the product is the extreme recline handle coupled with the low profile base: you can reach under furniture easily using this function. It produces a medium noise, so you can even listen to TV while vacuuming.
|Price||It is retailed at on sites like Amazon.|
Positive reviews I could find online
- It is just great for my two bedroom apartment.
- I find it quite useful for quick pick-ups, because it is so light and easy to get it out of the closet.
- I am a dog owner and even if this is such a small machine, it gets the hair out of the rug and it works very good on bare floors too.
- The Hoover Corded Cyclonic Stick Vacuum is such a great machine for cleaning under furniture and other hard to reach places because it has a low profile and it is so easy to maneuver.
- It is very quiet and it does its job. I am glad I bought this vacuum cleaner.
Negative reviews I could find online
- The dust bin is too small and you have to empty it after every clean.
- Sometimes it will not pick larger debris at the first pass through and it gets quite annoying.
- The button for the brushroll should be at the top of the machine. You have to stop and face the other way to switch the button.
Hoover Corded Stick vs. Hoover Cordless Linx
Earlier this year, I’ve analyzed the Hoover Linx. At a first glance, they both look the same. The main difference resides in the absence of the power cord. Linx is practically the cordless version of the Corded Stick. Another notable difference is the price. The Linx costs twice that much as is corded brother:
My personal recommendation and final VGM
I really enjoyed playing with the Hoover Corded Cyclonic Stick Vacuum. It is a nice small cleaning machine for small households. You can store it with ease and it is very good for quick clean-ups. It has some problems with picking up some dirt and debris because it lacks the power of a normal vacuum cleaner, but it can still do its job. I don’t like that it doesn’t have any accessories and you can’t use it for other above the floor surfaces. But i do recommend this stick vacuum. The best thing about it is the price (check out this great deal I’ve found). My VGM:
Any thoughts on the Hoover Corded Stick Vacuum cleaner? Any comments? Please share them with us bellow.
Latest posts by Jason Roberts (see all)
- Best Vacuum for Stairs – Clean Carpeted Steps like a Boss in 2020 - February 17, 2020
- Roborock H6 vs Dyson V11 – Which is the Best Cordless Vacuum? - February 9, 2020
- Bissell CrossWave Max – A New Cordless Mop - January 25, 2020