Have you ever desired to give your hands a break while the hard floors are treated to the best clean at the same time? Well, Hoover has provided this option after designing the Floormate Deluxe hard floor cleaner which features the SpineScrub technology and counter-rotating brushes to make cleaning so convenient. Unlike the traditional hardwood floor vacuum cleaners, this appliance simply makes use of water, a cleaning solution and some spinning brushes to remove dirt and debris from various floor surfaces.
Working on sealed hardwood, ceramic tiles, vinyl, laminate and marble, the dual tank system and specialty brushes meant for wooden surfaces makes it gentle to clean floors from all angles. Since it is a water-based floor cleaner, you may be required to sweep or vacuum the dirty surfaces before using the appliance and besides, it is only recommended on bare floors. But let’s present first what you’ll learn in the following minutes:
- for what kind of cleaning tasks is the Hoover FloorMate Deluxe suitable
- how is it different from other similar products from other brands (i.e. Shark Sonic Duo), or from its older version Hoover Floormate FH40010B
- where to find it at a very good price
One of the features that I really love is the SpinScrub brushes. The cleaner is practically defined by these dual SpinScrub brushes which are located at the head of the machine. The brushes work together to scrub the hard floors in only a fraction of the total time that the traditional mop mechanism would take. The brush bar can as well be detached for cleaning, which further extends the life of your appliance. Since we’ve got to a point where you need to know the most important features of this floor cleaner, check out the infographic bellow.
Read Related Article: Hoover FH50150 Review – Power Scrub Deluxe Carpet Cleaner
|Scrubbing power||Unlike other scrubbers that can be used on both carpets and bare floors, the Multi-Purpose SpinScrub Technology developed exclusively by Hoover is destined mainly for the second category. This includes all types of hard floors: sealed hardwood, laminated, ceramic tiles, marble, linoleum, composite cement, travertine and so on. The brushes can wash or gently scrub virtually any type of flat surface. There are 2 cleaning modes: Wash mode and Dry mode. The wash mode makes use of brushes to clean the surface while suctioning the excess water at the same time. The dry mode on the other hand, stops the brushes such that water is sucked up to improve the drying duration. In its wash mode, the floormate releases the cleaning solution onto the surface while four circular and counter-rotating brushes spin to clear all stains and marks from your floors. Once the cleaning is sufficiently carried out, you can then switch to the dry mode so that all the water is sucked up to dry the floors faster. Personally, I really enjoy the Dry mode, since you get a completely dry floor as soon as you swipe the appliance. |
The FloorMate cleaner comes with two distinct brush bar attachments which are all designed to make the cleaning job easy. One of them is meant for general hard floor cleaning while the other is specifically tailored for grout and tile cleaning. The brush bars can be interchanged easily, making it cheap and convenient for use to clean these distinct surfaces with ease. I got to say, it does an impressive job at cleaning grout.
|Input power||Works on 120V (3.5 amps).|
|Cleaning solutions||Let's talk fist about the tanks. With the new FloorMate, the dirt tank (left side when facing unit) is completely separated from the clean water tank (right side when facing unit). My recommendation is to completely turn off the appliance before filling or emptying either of them. Each tank holds 1.5 Quarts, which is enough to clean a 400 sq ft. kitchen in one go. However, replacing the water is so easy that it almost doesn't matter how big the capacity is.|
The solutions can be inserted in the clean water tank using a small cap. 1.5 oz (44 ml) of Hoover 2x Multi-Floor Plus Cleaning Solution are enough for a full tank. When purchasing the product, you will get a bottle of 16 oz. of cleaning detergent.
It is important to remember you can't use solvent based cleaning concentrates or any type of wax, as these may clog or corrode some parts of the appliance.
|Pads||The Hoover FloorMate Deluxe doesn't work with cleaning pads, it works with brushes. The box contains two different brushes: a soft one that you can use on sensible floors and a hard one that you can use on grout or tiles.|
|Weight and Dimensions||The Hoover FloorMate Deluxe is relatively lightweight, with its 13.8 lbs. It measures 13 x 12 x 44 inches.|
|Warranty||The product has a 2-year warranty.|
|Accessories||Once you have purchased this appliance, you will have the following:|
- An upper handle
- A spinscrub grout and tile brush
- A spinscrub wood floor brush which is assembled with the unit
- An owner's manual/quick start-guide
As you see, there aren't any other accessories included.
|Special features||Foldway handle - The floormate handle has been designed in a way that it folds down to give room for easy storage. The machine can therefore be tucked away in a corner or some cupboard drawer where most of the home appliances do not always fit.|
Cleaning solution trigger - On the vacuum handle, the appliance has a trigger, which is meant to release more of the cleaning solution when you want to focus the cleaning service on a tough stain. This makes the appliance versatile because at some point you require more cleaning power than the ordinary cleaning mechanisms would offer.
|Usability||There are a few features that contribute to the good usability provided by this product. This appliance is fitted with a 20-ft power cord which gives room for maneuverability. Besides its light weight, it covers 11.5-inches cleaning path width, which means that you clean a large area with every pass. The tanks can be easily filled/emptied.|
|Price||Check out one of the most decent deals for this product, at only $132.19.|
Differences between Hoover FloorMate Deluxe (FH40160PC) and Hoover FloorMate SpinScrub (FH40010B)
There are a few differences which I’ve compiled in the following table:
|Hoover FloorMate Deluxe||Hoover FloorMate SpinScrub|
|Special wood brush||Yes||No|
|Weight||13.8 lbs.||16 lbs.|
|Cord length||20 ft||27 ft|
|Tank capacity||48 Ounces||32 Ounces|
|Price||$132.19||Price not available|
You can also check out the following video on this subject:
Hoover FloorMate Deluxe vs. Shark Sonic Duo
|Hoover FloorMate Deluxe||Shark Sonic Duo|
|Scrubbing power||Multi-Purpose counter-rotating brushes - SpinScrub Technology||1,000 times per minute vibrating pads|
|Cleans wood flooring||Yes, with special brushes||Yes, with special pads|
|Cleaning solutions||1 cleaning solution - Hoover 2x Multi-Floor Plus Cleaning Solution||4 different types of solutions: |
- an activating pre-treat carpet stain and odor remover
- a low moisture no rinse carpet shampoo
- a wood cleaner solution
- a wood polisher
|Weight||14 lbs||9 lbs|
|Warranty||2 years||2 years / 5 years|
Advantages of Hoover Floormate Deluxe reported by customers
- The Hoover Floormate has provided an effective solution to our floor care concerns. After sweeping and quickly dusting the floor, I am capable of completing the cleaning exercise in little time, with very little physical effort and the ultimate end is a gleaming floor surface. It has often allowed me to apply as much of the cleaning solution as I desire in any area where I feel more cleaning is needed. The water suction power is just amazing.
- I bought this device after a steam mop that had served me for three years exceeded its shelf life and broke down. I was surprised at the amount of dirt that came up from my floor during the first cleaning exercise. The only set back is that the device was a little noisy but its performance is just amazing. In summary, it is one of the most versatile cleaning appliances produced by Hoover, an effective cleaning partner that every homeowner desires to have.
- Love it. It combines and handles the works of a mop and a broom at the same time
- Perfect for quick pickups. Saves me a lot of time.
- I own a 2 bedroom house. It is lightweight and convenient enough to store, even if there isn’t too much space.
- It is highly durable, coming with two years of limited warranty from the manufacturer. I love the quality of the materials used for its built.
- If you have bare floors, buy it, you won’t regret this choice.
- I clean my kitchen in under 5 minutes. The tanks are easy to reach, and the fact that they are separated is truly amazing.
Reported downsides of the appliance
- It is specially designed for sealed floors, and is not suitable for those that are not…
- … a bit loud and therefore inconvenient for someone who wishes to work in silence or alongside some favorite song…
Customer frequent questions
Does it vacuum?
Just to be sure we are on the same level here, this product is not a vacuum (it picks up dirt only by water) and it’s not a steamer either (the water is not heated).
Does it use a cleaning solution or water?
The Hoover Floormate can be used with water and a special hardfloor cleaning solution from Hoover, or you can even use vinegar and other homemade cleaning solutions. It is a matter of personal preference. However, the only chemical recommended for use with the appliance is the Hoover cleaning solution.
Can I use the appliance to sand my floor?
No. The Floormate is not designed to handle floor sanding. Its work is limited to floor cleaning.
Final words and VGM (quantified VacuumsGuide.com Mark)
In summary, the Hoover Floor Mate Deluxe is one of the most versatile cleaning appliances produced by Hoover, an effective cleaning partner that most homeowners desire to have. There is a good amount of reasons why I believe this floor cleaner should not be looked by, I hope I convinced you about these. Here’s the product VGM:
Now it’s your turn to write. What do you think? Would you buy a FloorMate Deluxe? Or do you own one already? If yes, what are your thoughts on the product? Do you like it or not? Both me and the reads of this blog are waiting for your feedback.