The Floormate is a top product from Hoover. Thousands of people are using one of Floormate models to clean their bare floors. I’ve already reviewed the Deluxe model a few months ago. However, a lot of people still prefer the older version named SpinScrub. The SpinScrub is one of a kind in terms of cleaning. It is designed in such a way that it can vacuum, dry-clean and mop everything in one go. So one machine can handle all your needs, and you don’t need to use other cleaning tools. Let’s take a peak into its design: it’s a combination between an upright vacuum cleaner and a carpet cleaner, one which can be put to work on bare surfaces.
Take 2 minutes of your time to read my Hoover Floormate SpinScrub review and find out:
- if this appliance is better than the Deluxe and the cordless versions
- if this appliance is usable and efficient
- where to find this week’s perfect deal
Check out the assembly video from Hoover:
The sheet of features
|Suction & scrub power||The SpinScrub comes with 6 brushes disposed in a straight line, covering the 13 inches long head nozzle. These brushes use the patented counter-rotating technology to produce a constant powerful yet, gentle scrub which is perfect for sealed woods, tiles, vinyl, marble and many other bare floors. The vacuum mode produces a surprisingly decent suction. The recommend operation order is the following:|
1. First vacuum, to remove most loose dirt and debris.
2. Wash the floor. Make use of the solution and the brushes to remove the hard spills. Tip: Use the recommended low foam detergents, or you might interfere with the efficiency of the appliance, more specifically you might experience water puddling behind cleaner.
3. Dry. Use the air flow to prevent streaking.
|Input power||Works on 120v (6 Amps). For those who live in Canada, I'm sure you know, a temporary adapter is not allowed by your electrical code, so you must buy those products specifically built for your power adapters.|
|Tank capacity||There are 2 tanks, one which stores clean water and detergent, and one which stores the dirty water. Hoover calls this the Dual Tank Technology, but I like to call it being reasonable. The tanks have a large capacity (32 oz). You can charge the clean water tank multiple times before filling up the dirty water tank.|
|Filtration system and steam pads||There's not much filtration going on, just a washable replaceable filter stands between your nose and airborne particle. This is located on the lid of the dirty water tank. You can access it with ease, and after you remove it, you will also find a plastic net which needs to be cleared from time to time.|
|Weight and Dimensions||It measures 31 x 15.25 x 12.25 inches and weights only 16 pounds, which is a bit bulky, but the rubber wheels fully compensate for this flaw.|
|Warranty||Comes with 1 year of limited warranty, which is not enough, but considering this is an older version, I would say it's reasonable.|
|Accessories||From most online stores, you can purchase this device with 30 hard-surface wipes and a bottle of Hoover 16 oz Multi-Floor Plus 2X detergent. The box contains along with vacuum's components a detergent measuring cup. For an additional $50 you can get a detail kit and other accessories: a hose, an extension wand and a smaller head for above the floor cleaning chores.|
|Special features||Folding Handle - you can store it easier thanks to this feature|
Beltless - no belts to replace equals lower upkeep
|Usability||Well, it can not vacuum, scrub and dry in the same time, but it's still a great cleaner thanks to its 3-in-1 functionality. The power cord can be manually rewinded in the back of the appliance, and is long, measuring 27 ft. Moreover, the 13 inches long nozzle is praised by many people.|
|Price||As this is the older model, it cost a lot less than back in the days when it was launched. Today, you can get it for as low as Currently not available.|
The features presented above are great, however, there are some minor drawbacks: this Floormate has low profile so it won’t be great to use near the edges of the walls, furniture and so on. For a better cleaning, you need to trick it (uplift the nozzle a bit so that it collects the debris), a task which is not hard, but demanding altogether.
When it comes to a pile of food, it requires a bit time but if you simply pull it back and forth for a few times, the work will be done in a few seconds or so. Say goodbye to knee pain, push a button, wait and… that’s it! The proof of its cleaning efficiency can be best seen if you look at the dirty water tank after a brief cleaning session.
Now that we’ve covered the basics, check out some people have to say about the SpinScrub:
PRO reviews and comments
- Love this machine. Love the wide mouth, the versatility and the way it dries. Wouldn’t change it with anything else.
- The drying is why it’s worth it. No more filmy mess on my floors. The scrubbing it great, the brushes rotate so fast that they literally eat even the most stubborn spills.
- Bought this thing for a hundred and some change. What a steal!
- Perfect for my sealed bamboos floors. Gentle, no scratch, and yet so easy to maneuver. Had the Deluxe version, but I replaced it with the SpinScrub and I think I made the right choice.
- I liked the machine in the beginning when it worked, using it to clean a smooth cement floor in a basement with no access to water. However, I also found that when cleaning a linoleum tile at home the rotating brushes were not in contact the floor.
- There is only 1 thing that I think should be adjusted. The spin brushes should be longer or larger. They need to come in contact with the floor more for deep cleaning.
- I am on my second one in 30 days.
Hoover Floormate SpinScrub vs. Hoover Floormate Deluxe vs. Hoover Floormate Cordless
|Hoover Floormate SpinScrub||Hoover Floormate Deluxe||Hoover Floormate Cordless|
|Tank Capacity||32 oz.||48 oz.||24 oz.|
|Wood Floor Brush||No||Yes||Yes|
|Clean Boost Control||No||Yes||Yes|
|Weight||16 lbs.||13.8 lbs.||12.6 lbs.|
|Cord Length||27 ft.||20 ft.||No cord|
|Nozzle Width||13 inches / 15 inches on the Hoover Floormate SpinScrub Special Edition.||11 inches||11.5 inches|
|Folding Handle||Yes||Yes, but only on the QVC model.||No|
|Warranty||1 year||2 years||2 years / 5 years for the batteries|
|Price||Currently not available||$129.00||$199.99|
Conclusion and VGMhy (VacuumsGuide.com Mark for hybrids)
After going through all the info above, I can say with my right hand on the Bible that this is great product, one for which you can definitely go for. It’s not for everybody, that’s for sure. If you want a better scrub, you should focus on the Deluxe version. However, if you want to also vacuum, you’re in the right place. Here’s my VGMhy:
Final verdict: I really like the old version, and IMO it’s a tie. Any questions? Any comments? Please share them with us, using the form bellow.
Latest posts by Jason Roberts (see all)
- Best vacuum for stairs in 2019 – clean carpeted stairs like a boss - August 19, 2019
- Rainbow E2 Black – is it worth the price tag? - August 16, 2019
- Bissell CrossWave Cordless – the story goes on with a twist - August 13, 2019