You may ask yourself why would you find a review for a 2005 vacuum cleaner near all those top notch, high end, monstrous cleaning machines that can suck the dirt out of the center of the Earth, but don’t worry the Hoover Tempo WidePath Bagged Upright does not bow down its head in front of those sharp looking bullies. You can get this nice and reliable vacuum cleaner for as low as on a site like Amazon. If you want to continue reading this review you will find:
- Why you should buy the Hoover Tempo WidePath Bagged Upright
- Why is this machine so popular (#37 best-selling vacuum cleaner on Amazon)
- Where to find it and get the best deal
Hoover scored a big hit when the Tempo WidePath Bagged Upright was released and you can see that today, 9 years later, that people still buy it and are pleased by it. Even if we are living in the time of the cordless, bagless vacuums you can still rely on a bagged vac. The bags are made with Allergen Media trapping dust and pollens down to 5 microns, so you don’t have to worry that it doesn’t run on a top notch filter, it will still keep you healthy. One of its top features is its 5 Position Height Adjustment that some of the newer vacuums don’t have. With this amazing feature you can clean all flooring types with ease. And because it has a bag and an extended reach cord you can clean all day long without needing to go and empty the bin every ten minutes or worry about losing suction power when the batteries drown out. Here’s a small video presentation of vacuum’s package (special thanks to Govacuums.com):
The sheet of features
|Suction power||One of the best features of this vac is that it has a good suction power and because it is has a cord, it will never lose it due to a lack of power. Provided that you replace the bags as soon as they get full and you clean the dust filter regularly, I see no reason why this vacuum cleaner shouldn't maintain it suction levels as those from day 1.|
|Input power||1,320 watts to power its strong 12 amp motor.|
|Dust capacity||You can get Y-shaped dust bags from 1 gallon (3-4 l) which gives you a lot of dust capacity to clean for days without even thinking of it. The price per bag varies between $1 and $2, depending on how many you buy.|
|Filtration system efficiency||No HEPA filtration, however the bags are made with Allergen Media capable of trapping dust and pollens down to 5 microns. Thus, filtration efficiency basically depends on the quality of the bags. The air flow also meets 2 rinsable filters after leaving the bag, before getting out of the vacuum.|
|Weight and Dimensions||15 x 13 x 43.5 inches. It weights 14.8 pounds, making it not so easy to lift across stairs. It's dimensions and bulky design are also some bad points, but overall meets the average of the industry.|
|Warranty||Because it is an older machine, you can only get a 1 year warranty.|
|Accessories||Attachments are stored onboard so you don't have to worry for space issues. It comes with a furniture nozzle, crevice tool, dusting brush and two extension wands. These are important because they enable you reach edges (the vacuum itself doesn't have edge cleaning) and tight spots, stairs and ceilings.|
|Special features||It has a 5 point height position so you can clean across all kind of surfaces without worrying that the vacuum can't get the job done. As its name states, it has a wide cleaning path of 15".|
|Usability||It has large back wheels that ease back and forth movement. Its relatively small head can fit under most furniture pieces. You can also use the handle placed in front of the vacuum (a feature I haven't seen in many vacuum cleaners). Its main problem is that it is 15" wide, it doen't fit in corners and tight areas. Another negative point is the sound. It produces 87db, one of the loudest I've ever got my hands on.|
|Price||This vacuum costs , and you can buy it directly from Amazon.|
Positive reviews about the Hoover Tempo WidePath Bagged Upright:
- Very easy to assemble, my 13 year old son did it for me.
- The Tempo has nice capabilities. And because it has such a powerful motor it will suck everything near the edges of the room. Works perfect on my carpets!
- I have bought this vacuum after my bagless needed its filters changed. You can buy this machine for the price of two filters. It has a larger dust capacity and seems like a better vacuum.
- I live in Florida so I needed a powerful but light weighted machine to keep up with all the dust and sand that I have to clean in the house. This was the best choice and I recommend it to all of you.
- I like the Tempo because it has its tool onboard so you don’t have to scatter them across the apartment and sometimes lose them.
- This is the best machine at this price range. I highly recommend it.
- The vacuum does a better job than other more expensive vacuums I have owned.
Negative reviews about the Hoover Tempo WidePath Bagged Upright:
- It’s kinda noisy for its size.
- This machine has a relatively short cord and you can bump across it many times. It’s heavy too!
- I would have liked if it had headlights, it would have been easier to use.
- The Tempo does not have a full bag indicator so I keep forgetting about it.
- The bags are expensive.
The VGM and my personal recommendation
The Hoover Tempo WidePath Bagged Upright is rated highly on Amazon, it has more than 3000 reviews in over 9 years of duty and if that doesn’t get you to buy it I don’t know what will. Leaving aside all the positive reviews from all happy buyers, I can relate to those people who said this machine is loud, but powerful and it compensates to the low maneuverability with its capacity and durability. I sure recommend this vacuum cleaner for those of you who want to pay less for powerful cleaning machine. My VGM is for Tempo WidePath is 74:
Got questions? Or do you own a Hoover Tempo WidePath Bagged Upright and want to share your opinion? Let’s initiate a conversation. I’d love to get your 2 cents on this product.
Latest posts by Jason Roberts (see all)
- Yeedi K600 – A Convenient Mid-Range Robot Vacuum - March 15, 2020
- 16 Best Shark Vacuums for 2020 – A Complete Comparison - March 12, 2020
- Best 11 US-made vacuum cleaners that you should know about - March 10, 2020