I was looking forward to reviewing this model for a while now. This Hoover appeared first around 2009, and since then, it had a lot of customers. Given its relatively low price (with discounts, it’s just under $97.00), the WindTunnel T-Series Rewind Plus is today one of the best-selling vacuum cleaners out there. Before we dig right into the business, let me tell you why you’ll want to take a few moments of your time to read this review:
- You’ll find out why this a top 5 vacuum cleaner under $150 in 2014
- You’ll learn if this vac is good for you
- You’ll get discounts and possibly best deals on it
As main features of Hoover WindTunnel T-Series Rewind Plus, I’ll list its sleek design (I’m really into the great green color), its light weight and its great suction power provided by the WindTunnel technology. The product comes pre-assembled. In the product package you receive/buy, you should have: the vacuum base, the handle, the special tools (powered hand, crevice and uphostery tools), the extension wand, a screw to keep things together, the dirt cup and of course, the owner’s manual. All you need to do you get it up and running is to connect its parts, just like in the following presentation made by the producer:
List of specifications
|Suction power||Uses WindTunnel Technology with 1 air channel, that supposedly eliminates any loss of suction. This vacuum cleaner also features a performance indicator, that will help you diagnose it, as you can see in the video bellow:|
Basically, this Hoover comes with a decent suction power. It could definitely be better, but it does the job.
|Input power||This is a vac with 12 motor amps, brought by a 27 feet ergonomic cord that has an auto-rewind feature, as you can see in the left image. It's handy, especially if you have a lot of floor obstacles, and a small storage space.|
|Dust capacity||I really like Hoover's dirt cups. Most of the models have been very generous at this point. This one has a capacity of .65 gallons (approx. 2.5 liters), big enough to receive dust and debris from 400 sqm (depending on the cleanness level). It can be removed fairly easy from the appliance by pressing the release bottom located conveniently at the top of the vacuum, and the dirt may be eliminated from the bottom of the cup by pressing the release lever positioned on the cup. However, you still have to remove the upper side in order to clean the cyclonic filter assembly.|
TIP: When cleaning the dirt cup and the cyclonic filter, be careful to use only soft dry clothing, as recommended by the producer.
|Filtration system efficiency||This vacuum has a great filtration system. It uses both HEPA filtering and washable filters. The HEPA filter needs to be changed once every 2 years. It can't be washed, it should only be tapped clean. The rinsable primary filter is located at the top of the dirt cup, and can easily be reached and washed. However, you should make sure it is completely dry before usage. The producer recommends you to leave it outside for at least 24h.|
|Weight and Dimensions||16 x 12 x 44 inches at 16.5 pounds, as described by the producer. Its nozzle width is 13.5 inches long.|
|Warranty||2 year warranty from the producer.|
|Accessories||Comes with the common accessories of most vacuum cleaners out there: a crevice tool, an air-powered hand tool, an extension wand and the classic upholstery/dusting brush. A nice touch is that all the tools have designated spaces on the vacuum cleaner, so that it rides with all tools aboard.|
|Special features||No scuff bumper - protects your furniture from high speed vacuuming. |
Brush view window - see the clogs or hair residues from your brush roll, and remove them before they may become a problem.
|Usability||This vacuum cleaner has a great usability accomplished by the congruence of several systems. The D-Shaped handle allows you to easily maneuver the device. You can move around it freely, thanks to a 8 inches stretch hose. Using the foot activated pedal release, you can change the working angle, thus improving your comfort. You can adjust the height of the brushroll by choosing among 5 predefined values, for cleaning different surfaces, from bare floors to thick rugs. Finally, you have an easy access to the brushroll that may come handy if i.e. you wish to change the belt.|
|Price||Under $97.00 on Amazon, a great price for what it delivers. |
Check out today's special deal for the Hoover WindTunnel T-Series Rewind Plus
Positive reviews and PRO points of Hoover WindTunnel T-Series Rewind Plus
- Works great on my carpets. My previous Electrolux was 20 years old, so I’ve decided to get a new vacuum cleaner. After 2-3 days of reviews digging, I’ve decided for this Hoover, and I’m not disappointed. My carpets fell softer and cleaner than ever, I absolutely love it!
- Works really well with pet hair. Although I love my dog, I really hate the mess he unwillingly makes. With my previous vac, I had to get down on my knees and scrub the rugs for all the hairy fibers. I’m astonished by the fact that I don’t have to do this anymore. Now, I’m thinking of having a cat, to please my wife.
- … I had problems with my old Hoover (the hose was leaking, it was old and so on). I wanted a rather cheap vacuum that could get the job done, and this is exactly what I’ve bought. I’m happy with this product…
- I was skeptical about its suction power. Let me tell you, it completely blow my mind when I first started it. You know what I really enjoy now? How the debris in the dirt cup accumulates. It’s absolutely fantastic…
- I got it 5 years ago. Had some minor problems with the cord rewind motor, but aside these, I am very happy with it. It kept its suction power, I don’t have to buy a bag anymore, it’s light weight. Definitely worth the money!
- I’ve bought this for $80 (shipping included), enjoying a $20 discount with my Amazon Prime. I considered that even if it had failed big time, it still wasn’t such bad business. I was more than right. This vacuums suits all my needs. Such a satisfaction to know I saved a lot of $$…
Negative reviews and CON points of Hoover WindTunnel T-Series Rewind Plus
- … cleaning the dirt cup gets you dirty, and getting the hair out is complicated…
- … the belt slips every now and then (but still hasn’t snapped)…
- I wish the retractable cord was a little bit higher. I just have to keep on going under the vacuum cleaner to get it.
- … there is no turn-off switch for the brush roll, which makes it hard to be used on bare floors…
- … the cord is too short for my taste…
- … the suction force pulls the hose, so you’ve got to fight it in order to use it…
- … There was a recall issued on this model, caused by a malfunction to rewind feature…
The VGM and my personal recommendation
Usually, after I read all the negative reviews I can find online for any of the analyzed vacuum cleaners, I go out there and try to understand the problems of these people. I leave aside positive reviews, due to the fact that the high number of happy people already proves that this is a great vacuum cleaner. So, taking one by one, I concur with the fact that you have to get your hands dirty to get the hair out of the dirt compartment. I recommend you do this operation outside, near a garbage dumpster. The belt is a replaceable part that needs to be replaced once in a while. From my point of view, 27 feet is quite enough for the length of the power cord. The absence of the turn-off switch for the brushroll is in a way balanced by the adjustable height feature. However, I agree with the fact that this is more of a carpet vacuum cleaner. Here’s my final rate:
A VGM of 90 is great, especially for a vacuum cleaner under $100. This made me place the WindTunnel T-Series in my top 5 vacuum cleaners under $150 in 2014. All things considered and without the fear of being subjective, I like it. If you want to buy this but still have doubts, take my advice: buy it! You won’t regret, and you’ll still have some money left in your pocket for the movie night. And if you have one already, or you just want to ask me (or the readers of this wonderful blog) something, just use the form bellow.
Latest posts by Jason Roberts (see all)
- Miele Scout RX2 Home Vision – a new robot for the upper class - June 20, 2018
- Best central vacuum cleaner – a complete guide - April 26, 2018
- Best vacuum for stairs in 2018 – cleaning carpeted stairs like a pro - April 20, 2018