Miele is a family-owned company, established back in 1899 through the combined efforts of Reinhard Zinkann and Carl Miele. It was started with the aim of producing cream separators, and the factory kick-started its official operations on June 1st 1899. However, it was not until 1911 that the company produced its first washing machine. Driven by this success, the company quickly ventured into motorcar production in 1912, a practice they soon renounced because of the high capital investment that was needed.
The company then tried different home and commercial appliances such as dishwashers, fryers, washing machines and vacuum cleaners. Its diversity is depicted by the array of marketing and advertising strategies that the company has employed over this period of time. In 1980 for instance, they established the new dialogue method of advertising, to make popular some of the products that they were producing. They are also known for the distribution/delivery services that they established in 1990, making customer satisfaction one of their biggest concerns.
Until today, Miele targets the production of high-quality commercial and domestic appliances. Its philosophy is built around the dynamic integration of technology and professionalism in the production of appliances that will never be surpassed by any other rand. Here is an overview of the appliances that you will get from Miele:
These are the main vacuum cleaners that Miele produces, regardless of the fact that it is known for various home appliances. The company specializes in various types of vacs which include canister, upright, stick and robotic vacuum cleaners.
Read Related Topic: Best Canister Vacuum For Pet Hair for 2020
Compact canister vacuum cleaners
Miele produces compact canister vacuums, which are highly recommended when doing low-medium carpet cleaning, smooth floor cleaning as well as rug cleaning. An example is their S2121 Delphi compact vacuum cleaner, which comes with the Super AirClean filters. This vacuum cleaner gives you power over suction control through the rotary dial, and is endowed with an amazing range of 6 different power settings.
With a stainless steel telescopic wand, durability will certainly not be a bother. Most of the canister vacuum cleaners will also come with a set of three accessories: a crevice tool, upholstery nozzle and natural bristle dusting brush. This will ease your cleaning work regardless of the surface and requirements. Here are 2 of my favorite ones:
Miele Complete C3 Cat & Dog
- Miele C3 comes with one of the most silent motors I’ve heard, one of the best mix of quality materials I’ve touched and one of the longest power cords I’ve used (33 ft, with rewind).
- The Cat&Dog version comes with several attachments such as an extra Electro Plus electrobrush, a Parquet Twister tool that is great for hardwood floors, a stainless steel telescopic wand, a Mini Turbo brush that you can use inside your car, and 3 integrated accessories: a classic dusting brush, an upholstery tool and a common crevice nozzle.
- Perfect filtration technology delivered by the AirClean Sealed System. Additionally, this specific vacuum has active charcoal layers that deal with the pet odors, delivering fresh air that is cleaner than the regular air you breathe.
- You can adjust the suction power using the Six-stage suction controls.
- Light weight, lighter with 2 lbs than the previous version, thanks to its improved skeletal structure.
- The handle has a special grip material and features electro-brush controls.
- 7 years warranty (for motor and casing).
- Thanks to this weekly deal, buy this product for less
Miele C1 Olympus
- Miele C1 series comes with a lightweight build (10.5 lbs), suitable for all types of surfaces, from tiles to deep carpets, ready to perform for even the most demanding customers, at a price that you won’t find anywhere else for a Miele.
- Choose among 6 different types of surfaces by using the rotary dial on top of the vacuum.
- The filtration is outstanding, just like in the case of any new Miele. The Auto-Seal Closing FilterBag locks in the bag as soon as you place it inside the vacuum (or you remove it when it’s full), thus no dust or allergens escape.
- The long power cord coupled with the stainless steel telescopic wand deliver a 30 ft cleaning range.
- Comes with several tools: the Combination Floor Tool, the dusting brush, the upholstery tool and the crevice nozzle held together by the VarioClip, and the Classic FiberTeQ floor tool which can be used on low-pile carpets or smooth flooring.
- Comes with a 1 year warranty for the whole vacuum, and a 7 year warranty for the motor.
- Built in Germany!
- Check out the latest discount of this product here
Upright vacuum cleaners
Built with very powerful motors, you will find upright vacuum cleaners very convenient and efficient. Most of these are designed with an AirClean Sealed filtration system, which safeguards those who suffer chronic allergic conditions. Depending on your cleaning needs, there are several upright vacuum cleaners to choose from. Some if these are built with low profile electrobrushes, which can go under low furnishings to clear the toughest messes. They also include the three basic accessories: crevice tool, dusting brush and upholstery tool.
Miele Dynamic U1 Auto Eco
- My favorite Miele upright is also one of their latest. It features a lot of great improvements: SwivelNeck technology of an increased usability, height adjustment for a comfortable grip, and automatic motor setting for various types of surfaces.
- Comes with 3 integrated tools: the dusting brush, the upholstery tool and the crevice nozzle. Additionally, this vacuum comes with a Flexible Crevice tool and a Microset tool, in order to cover all the cleaning task one can find around a household.
- Has HEPA filtration. The bags use the AirClean Sealed System to ensure no dust gets out of the vacuum.
- The power cord has 39ft. The hose also stretches 12 ft., and the telescopic aluminum wand provides another 3 ft, totaling a staggering 54 f cleaning radius.
- Unlike other vacuum cleaners with headlights, the Auto Eco has a string of bright and powerful lights that produce an intense light over the surface being cleaned.
- As the producers states, these vacuum cleaners are made to last at least 20 years. They are produced in Germany and have a 7 year warranty for motor and casing.
- A good deal for this product can by found on Amazon
Stick vacuum cleaners
If you need some lightweight cleaning appliances, Miele treats you to some of the most advanced stick vacuum cleaners that you can easily move from one place to another. Most of these are designed with the HEPA AirClean filters, which not only enhance the functionality of your appliance but also keep the environment safe after your cleaning exercise.
You will also encounter vacuum cleaners with ergonomic handles and anti-slip stoppers, which ensure that your cleaning work is made easy. Together with their modular design and impressive working radius, you will obviously finish the clean-up exercise within a short duration.
Miele S194 Quickstep
- The S194 Quickstep is the only Miele stick on sale at the moment. The truly remarkable fact about this stick is that you can set it in different configurations: from a normal upright to a handheld, it delivers the same powerful suction and versatility. The heart of this product is the 1,000 watt Vortex Motor, which delivers one of the best suction flows I’ve seen on a lightweight vacuum cleaner.
- You can control the suction power using 6 different settings. You can also control the height of the stick using its telescopic frame.
- Comes with 2 onboard accessories: the upholstery and the crevice tools. The nozzle is called the FiberTeQ Combination floor tool, because it can be used on both bare floors and carpets.
- The filtration system has 2 components: the Air Clean filter, constructed with an electrostatic layer that retains airborne particles, and the IntensiveClean Plus FilterBag, which is constructed with 3 layers of random-spun fibers, for a better retention.
- You can lean it against any wall with no worries, thanks to its anti-slip material from which the handle is made.
- Like all other Miele vacs, it is produced in Germany and has a 7 year warranty.
- Check out what others have to say about this stick
Robotics vacuum cleaners
Regardless of their size, robotic vacuum cleaners from Miele are highly efficient in domestic cleaning. Apart from their sleek design, they have an amazing dustbin capacity, something that prospective buyers have often doubted. Complete with touch controls and convenient remote control capabilities, you will certainly enjoy the cleaning exercise. Robotic vacuum cleaners have a triple cleaning system, which implies that they are more efficient than the conventional vacuum cleaners that you find in retail and online stores.
Miele RX1 Scout
- The first and only robotic vacuum from Miele, the RX1 Scout features Smart Navigation (thanks to its ceiling camera – SLAM), Furniture Protection (thanks to its 7 proximity sensors and to its rubber bumpers) and a rechargeable battery that lasts 2 continuous hours of work.
- Works best on low pile carpets and bare floors. It’s low profile (has a height of only 3.46 in) allows it to go under furniture, beds and so on. But if you don’t want the Scout to clean an area, you can use magnetic strips to block it.
- Has several cleaning types: the Automatic Cleaning Mode, the Corner Mode, the Spot Mode and the Turbo Mode, all operating under different parameters and scenarios. I.e. the Spot Mode allows you to clean a specific space (around 6 sq. ft.) while the Turbo Mode makes the RX1 clean 50% faster then the automatic mode.
- Its cleaning power comes from its efficient brushroll, coupled with 2 soft bristle brushes.
- The airflow is filtered by the SuperClean Air filter (similar with the one you can find in the classic Miele uprights).
- Remote controlled.
- Comes with a 2 year warranty (just 1 year warranty for the battery though).
- See an offer with a decent discount here!
Apart from vacuum cleaners, Miele also specializes in the production of hood fans. Most of these are rectangular shaped and made of stainless steel, to enhance visual appeal and durability. With their halogen and dim lighting, you will obviously have something to boast of. Miele also offers a wide variety to choose from, which includes downdrafts, island hoods, wall hoods and built-in hoods.
Washers, dryers and rotary irons
Laundry products from Miele are not only affordable but also durable and trendy. Washers for instance, are highly compact and light to take up little space in your home and allow the ease of motion. Whether you need sensitive extra rinse options or maximum washing temperatures, the products produced by Miele will take care of all these.
Dyers on the other hand, have an electric heating system and vented drying systems to enhance efficiency. Ranging from gentle options to low temperature options, you will have absolute control over the workings of your dryer. From as low as $1249, you will surely get one of the best dryers from Miele.
Miele produces rotary irons with an amazing white finish, giving them the best visual appeal. From $2,700, you will be treated to a rotary iron which has various speed controls, temperature settings and folding arms for easy storage.
Refrigeration systems and coffee machines
Now that refrigeration systems are becoming a necessity, Miele produces single door refrigerators, bottom mount fridge freezers, single door freezers and wine storage systems. Talking of single door refrigerator systems, you will find one with full access storage drawers, spill-proof shelves, halogen-based interior lighting systems, dynamic cooling as well as door and temperature alarms, all for $7,500.
Coffee machines from Miele are either free-standing or built-in. some of these have removable brewing units, programmable cup settings, integrated LED lights and multi-lingual LCD displays.
Ovens and dishwashers
Some of the ovens produced by Miele include steam ovens, speed ovens, convection ovens and combination convection-steam ovens. From $3,200, you will find a speed oven with cool touch fronts, system locks, halogen lighting and a number of convection fans. When in need of an oven from Miele, it all drips down to the type that you need and not its availability because the range of products is overwhelming.
Dishwashers produced by this company include slimline dishwashers, professional models and full size dishwashers. From $1, 350, you will buy a full size Miele dishwasher. Built with a visible control panel, it also has EasyComfort baskets and a lot more features that enhance the efficiency of a dishwasher.
The number of items produced by Miele is not limited to domestic and commercial appliances alone. They also offer CareCollection items and accessories for all these appliances, so it is upon the buyer to choose an appliance of their choice, and consequently the kind of accessories and care items that will make it efficient and extend its shelf life.
Now it’s your turn. If you own a Miele, if you plan to buy one or if you have any concerns related to this company and its products, don’t hesitate to drop a line bellow, in the comment form.
Latest posts by Jason Roberts (see all)
- Dyson v8 vs Dyson v7: Which One Is Best? - January 7, 2021
- Roomba 890 vs 960: Which One Is Best? - January 7, 2021
- Roborock S5 vs S6 – Which One is Best? - January 7, 2021
Patricia Rossi says
Hi Jason ! Was just about to order the Miele S7 and found a U1 series. Do you know what if any improvements are on these newest of the Mieles?
Jason Roberts says
They are basically one and the same. The “re-branding” of the S7 series into the Dynamic U1 basically presumes the Active AirClean filter as standard (it was optional for some models). This piece also changed a little, as the producer added a time strip that allows you to see when it’s the right time to change it. I didn’t get the chance to put my hands on a Miele Dynamic U1 so far, but from what I’ve read on their site and from what I’ve found out over the last 20 mins (I’ve called their support center), this is merely a change of name. Since the S7 series is already moved to “Retired models” on their site, I recommend you buy the equivalent Dynamic U1 (they even cost the same).
Patricia Rossi says
Thank you Jason! Am taking your advice! Hoping BB&B will be carrying it to try and use that 20% off coupon.
I have been planning on buying a Rainbow vacuum, but the price puts me off. Could you tell me what the differences are between Rainbow and Miele machines? If the only difference is the water cleaning system provided by Rainbows, is it really a difference so big that it justifies the difference in price? Are there any other differences? What other alternatives for Rainbow would you suggest?
Thank in advance for your reply!
Jason Roberts says
Although Rainbow filters with water, Miele comes with a better filtration efficiency. Suction differs from model to model, but latest Miele canisters work very well at this chapter too. Leaving uprights aside, a Miele canister is easier to use, lighter and most of the times, more durable than a Rainbow vacuum.