We are getting closer to Halloween, and after this party, there’s only a month and a half until winter holidays. I bet you are looking forward to finish all the housework at ease. To make your chores easier, you’ll need to use the right tools for the right job. You don’t need to look anywhere further to have that powerful tool within your reach. That’s because the Oreck company offers the newest vacuum cleaner in town, the Magnesium RS.
The Oreck Magnesium RS Swivel-Steering Bagged (its full name) is truly a work of art, at least from a designer’s point of view. This product is built with quality materials, making it one of the lightest vacs out there. It gives you the convenience of cleaning hard floors, carpets and around the furniture. The product comes with an unique system that gives you the ease of collecting and disposing the dirt. Lets see what you’ll learn from my full review of this upright:
- First, I’ll present its key features
- Second, I talk about just how usable it is
- Next, I’ll show you the PROs and CONs depicted from real customer reviews
- Last but not least, you’ll get to see this week’s fantastic online deal
|Suction power||The motor uses a long-lasting Endurolife Belt to action a single helix rollerbrush with 7,000 RPM (on high speed setting). This really leads all the collected dirt inside the bag.|
|Input power||Most full-powered uprights have motors that require inputs from 6 to 12. However, due to the great design of this vacuum cleaner (the direct path between the nozzle and the bag is very small which in turn means that the debris has to travel less distance to its destination), Oreck equipped it with an efficient 3.5 Amps motor.|
|Dust capacity||Oreck Magnesium RS uses HEPA bags to hold dirt. You can get a six-pack for $19.00 on various sites. The HEPA filtration ensures no particles bigger than .3 microns leave the vacuum cleaner. These bags are easy to install and use the Saniseal automatic closing dust seal technology to completely seal the air path. These bag have a layer of charcoal that eliminates odors. Their capacity is about 8 quarts, enough for 6 months to a year, depending on your cleaning frequency.|
|Filtration system efficiency||The product doesn't come with any other filtration system except for the HEPA bags.|
|Weight and Dimensions||Weights 8 pounds (7.7 without the power cord) and measures 47.75'' x 12'' x 10.5''. Most industry experts agree with this vac as being the lightest fully powered upright on the market. That means that your kids could easily use it.|
|Warranty||Oreck really stays behind their product, offering a 7-year warranty and 5 yearly tune ups. They also offer trade-in allowance for your old vacuum, which is kind of cool!|
|Accessories||Unfortunately, there are no accessories for this vacuum. Since it's an upright, it doesn't even have a hose.|
|Special features||Side brushes - You can clean better near the edges of the walls with these brushes made out of horsehair.|
Headlights - Allows you to see the dirt.
Wireless quick switch - Provides intuitive controls for selecting the power level.
Lays flat - The vacuum can be set horizontally, for a better reach under furniture.
|Usability||The swivel steering ensures you can drive with vac around the corners with just one hand. The power cord has 30 ft (which is amazing) and can manually re-winded using the Easy Snap cord clips. The machine produces a relatively medium sound. As it is stated by it's name, the incredible low weight is achieved by using Magnesium within the metal frame. The brushroll can be turned on or off depending on the vacuumed surface. The diameter of the nozzle wheels is 5".|
|Price||The product costs $600 on producer's website. However, you can get a really nice discount on Amazon.com.|
Difference between Oreck Magnesium RS Swivel-Steering Bagged Upright Vacuum LW1500RS vs. Oreck Magnesium Bagged Upright Vacuum LW100/LW100LR
I guess you could say that the Oreck Magnesium RS (LW1500RS) is the younger brother of Oreck Magnesium Bagged Upright Vacuum (LW100). One of the first notable differences is the color:
The LW1500RS is also a little bit higher than it’s relative, measuring 47.75” instead of 47.5”. LW100 has no wireless control and the brushroll & motor are also different, in favor of the LW1500RS. The LW100 comes with a 7 year warranty and 3 annual tune ups, the LW100LR comes only with a 5 year warranty and no tune ups, while the LW1500RS comes with a 7 year warranty and 5 annual tune ups. Last but not least, the Oreck Magnesium LW100 almost $100 cheaper.
- Vacuums and works well. It’s much lighter than previous vacuum cleaners I’ve owned. Sucks dirt, dust and animal fur with ease.
- It navigates seamlessly on carpets, like knife in butter. It’s easy to carry it up and down the stairs. The Slim Swivel Design does its jobs: it offers better maneuverability.
- Compared to my old Oreck XL, this is a wonderful evolution. IMO, the Magnesium RS outperforms any other cordless vacuum machine out there.
- Works great on thick deep carpet. The direct suction offers such a nice airflow power, and the side brushes collect seated dirt from wall edges.
- Since I’ve bought it, I have been enjoying the effortless cleaning. The bag’s filter system is efficient, I own a dog and I can’t sense any smell coming from the bag, unlike the previous Hoover I’ve owned which literally stink.
- Great vacuum cleaner, hardwood floor friendly. It cleans well under the furniture too.
- It’s a breeze to change the vacuuming mode with the intuitive controls. The other vac I’ve had needed a pedal push and strong force in both arms to achieve the same thing.
- Got it with the Amazon card at $150, it’s well worth purchasing. A reasonable price that fitted my budget for a new vacuum cleaner.
- Read the PRO opinion of Anna Moseley about this vacuum cleaner.
- There are no attachments for cleaning drapes, pets or furniture dust.
- The LED lights are rather weak and don’t not illuminate the way they should.
- You have to change the AAA battery from the wireless control from time to time. Moreover, the intuitive controls situated on the handle are no so intuitive after all: you can unintentionally turn off the machine during cleaning.
- For pet owners, disposable bags quickly stink. A dust bin made of plastic along with a washable HEPA filter can be kept perpetually clean.
Final words and VGM
The Oreck Magnesium RS has already helped many customers to save time and effort on cleaning their house. The vacuum cleaner enables them to clean the floors and carpets effortless. The filter bag can be changed easily, so you no longer have to keep cleaning the container of a bagless vacuum. About the listed cons, the product doesn’t come indeed, with any other accessories. However, I believe the potential buyers of this product aren’t even interested in them. If you own a flat or a smaller house, this vacuum cleaner is perfect for you.
All in all, this product has done a great job in making the cleaning job easier. Here are my rates for the Oreck Magnesium RS:
As expected, the Oreck Magnesium RS gets a 0 score at Accessories section, but comes out with a flawless score at all the other chapters and performs much better than e.g. the Hoover Corded Stick. With a score of 89, this is one of the best uprights I’ve seen, and with this price, you can’t afford to miss it.
Now it’s your turn. Share with us your thoughts on this product. Do you think it’s worth it? Do you have one and need some answers? I’m here for you.
Latest posts by Jason Roberts (see all)
- MinSu MSTC09 – a simple robot vacuum - May 7, 2019
- Quantum X – an upright vacuum with water filtration - April 23, 2019
- 10 Best Shark vacuums for 2019 – a complete comparison - February 6, 2019