It’s been 3 months since I published my first Shark Rocket review, and it’s already obsolete, thanks to the never-ending innovative sense of Shark engineers. Considering the flaws that made me rate the first Shark Rocket with only 77 points on the VGM scale, I figured the newest versions, the DeluxePro and the TruePet, deserve another chance to prove themselves. Exactly as I expected, I’ve found better products, with state-of-the-art features, and with higher performance. If you stick around for a few minutes you will find all there is to know about the latest Shark Rockets, including the difference between the Shark Rocket DeluxePro and Shark Rocket TruePet. Moreover, you’ll find out from where to buy one of these for an amazing deal.
Among the features that we will discuss, I’d like to point out since the beginning the following:
- the increased dust capacity. The new bin holds 2 times more debris than the old one.
- the superior cleaning delivered to both carpets and bare floors. Superior means that they clean better than the normal Shark Rocket.
- the advanced swivel steering. The new system allows you to use it with even more ease.
Difference between Shark Rocket DeluxePro vs. Shark Rocket TruePet
There are only 3 things different between the DeluxePro and the TruePet models:
- Color. As you can see from the pictures, the TruePet is cherry-colored, while the DeluxePro is light mauve.
- Accessories. The TruePet model comes with an additional Mini Motorized Brush.
- Price. The TruePet (around $179.99) costs a little more than the DeluxePro (around $109.99).
Thus from now on, I’ll talk about TruePet more, since it’s just as good as the DeluxePro.
The sheet of features
|Suction power||The Rocket HV322 (HV321) is much better at sucking dirt than its older brother, the HV302. The motor is slightly improved, allowing you to differentiate between deep carpets and bare floors just by flipping a switch. And thanks to its cyclonic technology, the sucked air is filtered by the centrifugal force, ensuring the filters remain unclogged. The producer conducted several ASTM tests that revealed the latest version of the Rocket works better than a Dyson DC40.|
|Input power||This is one of the main points which I really like to talk about, especially in this case. The input power is the same as in the case of the HV302: 500 watts. For such a low consumption, the TruePet (DeluxePro) is not only insanely powerful, but also highly efficient.|
|Dust capacity||This vac holds twice as much as the classic Rocket: approximately 0.22 gallons. This capacity allow you to vacuum your entire house without having to empty the bin (in 95% of the cases. If you own a big 4-5 bedroom house, than you may need to make an extra trip to the garbage). IMO, it's a good capacity for an ultralight vacuum cleaner.|
|Filtration system efficiency||Again, Shark failed to install a HEPA filter, but it shouldn't be a problem to you, since it still uses regular washable filters series 1080FTV320 which I find to be reasonable. The producer recommends you wash these once per month.|
|Weight and Dimensions||With all the new features, the Shark Rocket TruePet and the Shark Rocket DeluxePro gained a little weight to about 8.1 pounds, which is still a good acceptable number for the ultralight class. The dimensions also received some changes - both models measure about 47.5" high x 10.25" wide x 13" deep.|
|Warranty||EURO-PRO Operating LLC offers 5 years of warranty. You must present the proof of purchase and you most likely are required to pay a $20 fee for the transport.|
|Accessories||The accessories are very similar to the ones you get with the older model: a motorized floor brush, an extension wand, a pet hair tool, a crevice tool, the Hard Floor Genie tool, a wall mount and dusting brush. Special accessories include the Dust-Away attachment, the multi-angle dusting brush, the under appliance wand and the wide upholstery tool. Aside, you get for the TruePet model a motorized hand tool, like the one you see in the figure bellow. 2 of these attachments can be permanently stored onboard using a plastic clip.|
|Special features||2-in-1 vacuum - transform your vacuum from stick to handheld in less than 30 secs|
Quick Release Foot Pedal - switch from carpets to bare floors with just a push
2 ways to empty - empty the dust bin either from top or from bottom
Ergonomic Handle - the handle is made out of a comfy rubber that prevents slipping
Wall Mount - easily store your vacuum cleaner next to a wall
|Usability||On producer's site you can find the product manuals that allow you to understand how to fully benefit from the features of this vacuum cleaner. The Shark Rocket TruePet is clearly one of the lightest and most powerful ultralights that comes with an improved swivel steering (compared to the precursor). You can easily move it with just one hand, and the weight center of the product is very close to the handle, ensuring movement precision. The only problem is that you have to push on the head of the vacuum when vacuuming deep carpets, since the lack of gravity requires this additional action. Shark however improved the usability of these new models, which can now suck bigger pieces of debris. A minor thing that may bother some is that it can't stand by its own, you'll have to lean it to something. A good advantage worth mentioning is that the sound produced is fairly low. The length of the power cord is 30 ft., enough to cover large areas of your home without unplugging the appliance.|
|Price||As I said above, one of the best deals for the Shark Rocket TruePet is $179.99. The Shark Rocket DeluxePro can be bought for only $109.99.|
Positive keypoints in reviews
- Perfect for my family. We have 2 kids and 2 dogs. So far, it works and feels great!
- It’s like changing from a digital phone to a smartphone. The change is brutally positive.
- I love its low weight and its powerful suction. I think I may become a cleaning freak.
- For such a great performance, it produces virtually no sound. I’m more than impressed.
- I bought this vacuum cleaners with the price I would have payed for half a Dyson.
- This is the real deal of the 2014. Buy it, you won’t regret!
- I really appreciate the multitude of attachments. I use the Dust-Away a lot, I find this attachment to be very useful.
- Best money I ever spent on a vacuum cleaner. I can’t imagine my life before owning the Rocket TruePet.
Negative keypoints in reviews
- The main head may get clogged with excessive long hair.
- It can’t stand up on its own.
- The nozzle is too large for vacuuming in narrow spaces.
- The canister is big and hard to clean.
- It doesn’t have a power cord that retracts by itself.
Final conclusions and VGM (VacuumsGuide.com Mark)
Overall, I really like the way Shark delivered these 2 new products. IMO, they are among the best vacuum cleaners released in 2014, together with the Bissell Symphony and the Dyson 360 Eye (which is still not available to the general public). The performance of the Rocket TruePet/DeluxePro is undeniable. Here is my assessment of these 2 vacuum cleaners:
A VGM of 93/100 is a wonderful achievement. I believe these 2 vacs will be a hit, proving that the market for ultralights is still young and avid for new appliances. The Rocket has become one of the main Shark brands, and I am sure things will evolve in the future. I would love to hear your thoughts on this. What to you think of the new Rockets? Do you plan to buy one of them? Do you own one already? Please let us know by using the form bellow.