If you are trying to buy a new vacuum cleaner and you want a new one that is light and can last for a long time, then the Shark Rocket Ultralight Upright (HV300, HV301 or HV302) is the right one for you. The Ultralight Rocket is a versatile product that can be used for cleaning different spaces, being suitable for many above-the-floor tasks. What makes this vacuum cleaner outstanding than other vacuums available in the market is that it can provide continuous power and it does not lose its suction even when used for extended hours. But let’s not hurry and first state why you should read further:
- You’ll find out if this vacuum cleaner is good for you
- You’ll read reviews, advice and information on this product structured in a way you won’t find anywhere else
- You’ll understand the difference between the HV300, HV301 and HV302 models
- You’ll get to see my informed personal recommendation
It might not seem obvious to many, but Shark vacuums are somehow picking up “personal fights” with Dyson vacuums. It’s no secret Shark is really trying to win the market, using TV shopping shows, infomercials and other forms of advertising. They’ve built the Ultralight Rocket in order to deal with Dyson’s DC59 Motorhead. They have even tested and reported on their website that the Ultralight Rocket model cleans carpets better than a full-size DC40 Dyson, which IMO is not such a nice form of marketing but I guess its works for many. Even though I don’t agree with some of their methods, I must say I enjoyed using this vac. It’s not perfect, it’s not working better than many other vacuums out there, but it has its own personality, I can give it that. Here’s an official presentation of the product:
|Suction power||If suction power is what makes a vacuum cleaner great among other vacuum cleaners that are out in the market, Shark Rocket Ultralight Upright (HV302) surely is a good option for you. This is also what I loved from the use of this product. The fact that it is powerful gives it much advantage from the previous vacuum cleaners that I once had. Because of its impressive suction power, all of the paths where it passes through only leave complete cleanliness.|
|Input power||The input power that this product can provide is 500 watts and this is the main reason why this product is amazingly powerful than previous vacuum cleaners that I have used before. For this low consumption, some of you (environmentalists) can consider taking this Shark Rocket Ultralight Upright (HV302) as your best friend nowadays.|
|Dust capacity||0.118 gallons is the total dust capacity of the product and as far as I have been using it, I find it enough for keeping the dust it could suck from 2-3 rooms. This is an average-to-low capacity for an ultra light weight vac.|
|Filtration system efficiency||No HEPA filtration, just some good quality washable filters. As one could expect, not the greatest filtration system, so those of you suffering from asthma and allergies might consider avoiding this vac.|
|Weight and Dimensions||Has the ultralight specification included in its name and it is really handy. I can even hold it in one hand while mounting on the wall after use without struggling. As for storage purposes, its dimensions give it a sleek look making it easy for me to store it in any small space. Since it can be mounted on the wall, I, sometimes, just hang it on an easy to reach place in my shop whenever it is not in use. It weights 7.5 lbs., and has 22.8 x 10 x 31.9 inches in dimensions.|
|Warranty||5 year limited warranty. This covers any material defect and workmanship, as long as it's not due to owner misuse or neglect). However, you may get VIP lifetime warranty, together with free shipping and priority processing if you purchase it on Sharkclean.com. They also offer some additional tools and an $100 worth steam mop.|
|Accessories||There are several accessories that comes with the product like the crevice tool, dusting brush, car detail kit, pet upholstery tool, dust away hard floor attachment, accessory bag and a wall mount that I really love.|
|Special features||It has this 2-speed brush roll settings that allows you to use the product for any kinds of floorings. Whether you need to clean carpets thoroughly or just a gentle run over the hard floors, this product can easily help.|
|Usability||When talking about usability, the specification which impressed me the most is the swivel steering, which allows you to go through different directions without needing to move too much. Even just standing in a certain angle, you can reach different areas, making the entire cleaning process really easy. Combined with the light weight, this vacuum may seem to do OK at this chapter. However, due to the lack of weight on the head of the vacuum, you have to really work your carpets thoroughly and the brushroll has to be changed with the Dust-Away attachment before vacuuming bare floors, because it can not suck larger pieces properly with the standard head. The dirt gets rather pushed away, the sucked into the bin, so I'm not really comfortable with the Rocket Ultralight at this point.|
|Price||The best price is . I've found this among the best deals on Amazon this week. You can also buy it on exclusive offers on Shark's site.|
What Content People are Saying about It
- Powerful!… I just loved how this product works no matter what floorings we have and still provides the same suction power.
- I love the attachments that come along with the product! It helped me a lot with other cleaning needs!
- Unlike other vacuums I had where I have to bring extensions wherever I go throughout the house, this has a long cord to assist me in cleaning the floors conveniently.
- I gave this as a gift for my wife since she told me about the old vacuum we have, and she loved it!
- As compared to the power of my old Dyson Pet Upright Vacuum, I am more impressed with the power of this Shark Rocket Ultralight Upright (HV302)…
- I love how light this vacuum cleaner is! I never imagined that there is a powerful vacuum cleaner in the market that does not weigh too much than what my arm can carry. I highly recommend this!
- It can pick up both small and big dirt throughout the flooring! I really love this product!
- I placed an order for this vacuum prior to the review I have read in Amazon, and I don’t regret purchasing it!
Here an unofficial video that briefly shows you why the Ultralight Rocket is suitable for most households out there:
What Others Do Not Like About the Product
- …It’s not as good as Dyson…
- The suction is not working well…
- Starts to spit pebbles and some dirt out after one run. Frustrating.
- The dirt cup is too bad. I expected far better. The bin is small, is not completely sealed!
The difference between Shark HV 300, 301 and 302
|Shark HV300||Shark HV301||Shark HV302|
|Power Cord||27 ft.||30 ft.||30 ft.|
|Additional accessories (powered pet&upholstery tool, dust brush)||x||yes||yes|
Though there are certain negative comments that people are saying about the product, there are still more positive comments that are sure to impress anyone who are trying to get more details of what they have experienced with using Shark Rocket Ultralight Upright (HV302). There are even customers who have compared it to Dyson yet there are more people who favored the fact that the product is really as good as or even better than their Dyson and other old vacuums at home. Well, for the price, my 2 cents: it is worth purchasing and trying as it is affordable. However, there are some issues you may deal with:
- the cord is permanently attached to the dust cup. That means you have to take the vacuum wherever you want to empty the debris.
- it does not stand up, so in a way, it’s not really an upright.
- you can’t turn off the brushroll. That’s why you have to rely on accessories.
So, having these in mind, here’s my final VGM:
77 points in my VGM scale is not bad. Finally, let me just say that although this is definitely not the best vacuum cleaner from Shark, the Rocket Ultralight Upright has still plenty of good features that may be appealing to many (including me). If you are one of these guys and still have some questions, or if you simply have a problem with your own Rocket, post a reply and I’ll get back to you.
Latest posts by Jason Roberts (see all)
- Best Vacuum for Bed Bugs for 2020 [Our Reviews and Comparisons] - September 10, 2020
- Hoover FH50150 Review – Power Scrub Deluxe Carpet Cleaner - September 10, 2020
- ILIFE A4s Robot Vacuum Cleaner Review – A 2020 Deep Dive - September 10, 2020