Shark is not a new brand on the market, but has brought a fresh air in the industry with its new line of vacuum cleaners. People love Shark vacuums thanks to their durability, design and performances. The Rotator Professional Lift-Away upright is a commercial vac which appeared in 2012. The $173.31 price tag places it in the mid-range area, although its features recommend it as a top notch product. If you decide to continue to read my review, you’ll learn:
- Why you should buy the Shark Rotator Professional Lift-Away
- Why it is in my top 5 vacuum cleaners of 2014
- How to spend less on it, by getting the best online deals
One of the key features of this vacuum cleaner is the 3-in-1 mode. The vacuum can be used as an upright, its canister can be lifted away (this is where it gets its name) and used separately for more portability and vacuuming tasks above the floor, or the canister can be placed on a mobile base (optional caddy) for longer vacuuming sessions which require wheel transportation. The Shark Rotator Professional Lift-Away comes with a wide variety of accessories that offer flexibility and versatility. Here is a presentation video directly from the manufacturer:
The sheet of features
|Suction power||Provides great suction. It has a variable suction power feature, which allows you to adjust the levels of the suction force depending on your needs. The Never Loses Suction function is backed by the cyclonic technology, which removes most of the dirt and debris before it reaches the filters. In the event your vacuum does lose suction, check out this 1 minute video that shows you how to restore it:|
|Input power||1200 Watts, common for all vacuum cleaners of this size.|
|Dust capacity||0.775 gallons, which is one of the largest bin sizes I've seen. This enables you to clean more and empty the dust cup less. The recipient opens in both sides.|
|Filtration system efficiency||Very efficient filtration system, thanks to its Anti-Allergen Complete Seal Technology. The HEPA filters capture most airborne particles (99.9%) and the washable filters ensure that you don't run a high upkeep.|
|Weight and Dimensions||15 x 11.5 x 33.8 inches at 16 lbs - common dimensions to its class.|
|Warranty||Comes with a 5 Year Manufacturer Warranty, but you may get lifetime warranty if you buy it directly from the producer's site.|
|Accessories||Has a great set of accessories. Comes equipped with common tools such as the crevice tool, the dusting brush and the upholstery tool. Additionally, you get a canister caddy, a powered pet brush, a multi tool and a multi angle dusting brush. If you get an exclusive deal, the package might also include an accessory bag, an under appliance wand and an 18'' flexi tool.|
|Special features||3-in-1 - You can transform your product depending on your needs.|
Low noise - it's a very quiet vacuum cleaner.
Headlights - classy, and they help you see better!
|Usability||Has a great usability enhanced by several key features: the swivel steering which allows you to move the vacuum with just one arm, the 30 feet long power cord, the ergonomic handle placed conveniently for balanced carrying, the low profile for reaching further under the furniture and the extended length of the hose.|
|Price||You can get this product for prices between $200 and $300. Occasionally, you can get great discounts on Amazon or directly on the producer's site.|
Positive reviews from customers who already bought the Shark Rotator Professional Lift-Away
- I really love this vac, I’ve never seen such a powerful suction and such maneuverability. Emptying the dust cup is easy!
- The headlights are great. I don’t understand why other producers such as Dyson or Hoover don’t incorporate this feature; for the price they ask, they should install lasers!
- It’s fairly light, so my wife uses it with pleasure. Great set of accessories… fantastic suction and filtration…
- The price is half of what I would have paid for a similar Dyson.
- Long cord, aggressive brushroll, flexible hose, these are all the things I enjoy in a vacuum cleaner. It does the job and more.
- Call me Mr. Obvious, but this vacuum is perfect for virtually any cleaning task in the house. The only thing left for me now it to also buy a steam mop, to sanitize everything.
- Great to pet hair. I have it for 1 year and it never clogged.
- … got a great deal at Costco for this vac… bought it for $260…
Negative reviews from customers who already bought the Shark Rotator Professional Lift-Away
- … the stretch hose is not recommended for small cleaning jobs, as it gets in the way…
- It would really use to have an automatically cord rewind feature.
- … the caddy is heavy…
- The attachments from my old Shark don’t fit with this one.
The VGM and my personal recommendation
The Shark Rotator Professional Lift-Away is rated well in over one thousand reviews on Amazon, which practically tells everything you need to know about this vacuum. Leaving aside the excellent positive reviews, I wanted to point out that small issues such as the missing of the automatic cord rewind or the low usability of the extended stretch hose in tight corners are compensated by the exceptional features described above. Yes the caddy may be a little heavy, but it is meant to be used on wheels. Yes, the old Shark accessories don’t fit with this new vacuum cleaner, but this is evolution. Things change. In this case, for the better. Overall, I definitely recommend this vacuum to all medium-size households and I rate it with a 96 VGM, as follows:
Shark has definitely managed to pull out a great product, for just a couple hundreds of bucks. Taking into account all the exceptional featured described above, the wide set of accessories and the quality of the built, I definitely recommend this vac and the 96 VGM says the same.
Interested in buying a Shark Rotator Professional Lift-Away and still have doubts? Already have one and got something to say? Use the form bellow.
Latest posts by Jason Roberts (see all)
- MinSu MSTC09 – a simple robot vacuum - May 7, 2019
- Quantum X – an upright vacuum with water filtration - April 23, 2019
- 10 Best Shark vacuums for 2019 – a complete comparison - February 6, 2019