I thought to write this just before the Christmas holiday, because I’m sure you will need my advice with this appliance. I don’t know if you’ve heard, but this week is called the Cleaning Week, because everybody does their cleaning chores during this time of the year. I usually review mops far less often than vacuum cleaners, but I’ll give it a try with this Shark Steam Pocket mop. Expertly designed to end all your floor-to-ceiling cleaning difficulties, the Shark steam mop is defined by novel features which make it unique in a world that is currently graced with multiple home cleaning appliances. With an efficient design that allow you to directly control the steam, lots of pads and a great usability level, you will definitely love this baby. Here is an overview of what you’ll need to know about this device, here is what you’ll find out after reading these quick guidelines:
- if it’s good for your type of household
- how good is it, compared with other Shark steam pocket mops
- where to get it at the lowest price
Sheet of features
|Steam power||As expected from a steam mop, it produces steam. But not just any kind, and not in any way. The Shark Steam Pocket mop uses only plain water to produce a high temperature steam that sanitizes everything and kills 99% of bacteria and germs. You can deliver the right amount of steam just by applying some pressure to the appliance. This approach is not only convenient but also economical with regard to the use of steam and power. All it takes is 20-30 seconds for the steamer to heat up, and than you're ready to go. The nozzle comes with 2 unique attachments which are used to direct bursts of steam into crannies and nooks for the purpose of dislodging all dirt and grime build-up. The nozzle ideally concentrates steam to one point, which hastens the cleaning process besides making it possible to clean some areas more than others without necessarily wasting steam and power. Another great thing about this steamer is that its design allows you to flip the head, helping you to clean twice the surface than you would with other mops.|
|Input power||Works on 110V, 1200W, 60 Hz according to the manual.|
|Tank capacity||The tank holds 450ml (15.2 oz) of liquid. Shark recommends you to use distilled water if you live areas with hard water. Otherwise, tap water is just fine. You'll need approximately 2 and a half cups to fill the tank.|
|Steam pads||It uses microfiber cleaning pads, an essential addition, which is put in place to trap all dirt and debris. All pads are washable (producer guarantees for at least 20 washes), and help you to enjoy squeaky clean floors.|
|Weight and Dimensions||It measures 25.5 inches x 6.68 inches x 9.5 inches and weights as little as 6 pounds.|
|Warranty||Has a one year warranty, and to ship it back to Shark costs $20. IMO if it breaks, better buy another. However, I've got mine since it appeared, back in December 2012, and after 2 years of use it still looks like new, and I've never had a problem with it. Here's how the product arrives to your door:|
|Accessories||It has a good amount of accessories:|
- 2 different heads: one triangle shaped and one rectangular shaped.
- 2 all-purpose bare floor pads, 2 carpet pads
- 1 water cup
|Special features||The mop has an adjustable height, thanks to its smart stick body design. The power cord can be stored easily using the clips located behind the bar.|
|Usability||Thanks to its wide cleaning path of approximately 12", you can clean you floors faster and safer. The mop is destined to most kind of floors, including sealed wood, tiles, marble, and even carpets. Several users reported using the mop on hardwood floors, but you should handle cleaning these with extra care, in a similar fashion to ironing sensible clothes. Do not leave the steamer on for several minutes in the same spot, it will most likely damage your floor. The 22ft of cord ensure you have enough space to clean around the plug holes. And the 180 degrees swivel steering works like a charm. |
You can change the heads easily, with just a push of a button:
|Price||Its not expensive, for what it delivers. Many steam mops cost a lot more and deliver a lot less. If you're lucky, you'll find a good discount, like the one I reveal here.|
Differences between Shark Steam Pocket Mop S3501, S3601 and S3901
|Shark Steam Pocket Mop S3501||Shark Steam Pocket Mop S3601||Shark Steam Pocket Mop S3901|
|Steam control||Manual pumped||3 Setting Shark Intelligent Steam Control||3 Setting Shark Intelligent Steam Control|
|Lift-Away Handheld Steamer||No||No||Yes|
|Length of the power cord||22ft||25ft||25ft|
|XL Water Capacity||Yes||Yes||No|
|Price||$59.99||$59.99||Price not available|
As you can see, the S3501 is much cheaper and the method to produce steam is simpler, IMO.
PRO points of the product (reported by product owners)
- The Shark Steam Pocket mop is an extraordinary appliance in more ways than one. Apart from cleaning and sanitizing your floors, you can actually detach the steamer and use it independently in cleaning countertops, the bathroom area and stove tops. I have purchased this appliance, and indeed it has given value for the much that I spent. Without the need of a liquid cleaner, you can steam the dirt away easily. However, I can’t recommend it to someone involved in heavy-duty cleaning on a regular basis.
- I decided to try this unit after running into several positive reviews over the internet. I first used the appliance to clean the master bedroom and was amazed at how well it performs. For sure, it cleans any surface without the stooping and cleaning that makes the job scary and tedious. Reaching all the crannies and nooks, cleaning becomes a breeze regardless of the section in your home where steam cleaning is needed. Not having to use chemicals when cleaning is another plus that I really enjoyed. While my friends find it inconvenient to clean large places, I have no issue with the appliance because it heats up the water in 30 seconds and has a relatively large nozzle.
- When looking for an ideal steam mop, Shark Lift-Away is the ultimate solution. Regardless of the fact that it has a share of its flaws, it is an effective appliance for everyday cleaning. Coming with a 1 year warranty, you can be assured that it is a product with the most appealing shelf life.
- On sale at the moment.
CON points of the product (reported by product owners)
- It requires some hard work when removing oily and sticky stains especially from ceramic and vinyl tiles
- The cleaning cloths have to be attached manually
- When cleaning a large surface, 10 minutes of continuous steam delivery may not be sufficient
This appliance has been rated as the best for light clean-ups but some users argue that you will have to look elsewhere when it comes to heavy-duty cleaning especially where there are dried-on stains. It heats up quickly and delivers a lot of steam. This steam mop can deliver continuous steam for nine minutes, which means that you can finish all your cleaning work without unnecessary stops.The appliance is safe on hard floors, carpets and rugs. It can gently clean and sanitize the sealed hardwood floors, tiles, marble, linoleum, stone and laminate flooring. It has also been used to freshen and groom carpets and rugs but is not recommended for use on surfaces that are not sealed.
This mop cleans better compared to the traditional mop and bucket strategy because the intelligent design of the steam flow, which delivers the right amount of steam and at the right temperature to clean, sanitize and dry floors swiftly. It has also been used to steam curtains and fabrics, which eliminates the need to purchase other cleaning appliances such as special vacuum cleaners to handle such things. It has been praised with regard to the removal of all germs and bacteria. The chemical-free sanitizer is capable of turning ordinary tap water into extremely heated steam, eliminating bacteria and germs including Salmonella, Staph and E. coli. Here’s my VGM for this product:
Well, that about it from my part. Now, its your turn to share some light over this product. To all the owners that are reading this, what’s your opinion? Do you like this product? Have you seen something better?
One, last thing: Merry Christmas! Happy holidays near your loved ones!
Latest posts by Jason Roberts (see all)
- Shark vs Roomba – Who Makes the Best Robot Vacuums? - February 26, 2020
- 16 Best Lightweight Vacuum Cleaners in 2020 - February 22, 2020
- Best Vacuum for Stairs – Clean Carpeted Steps like a Boss in 2020 - February 17, 2020