A few months ago, Tineco launched a new line of vacuums, the Pure One S12. The series comprises of four of the most versatile and sophisticated cordless sticks on the market. Packed with smart cleaning features, the vacuums in the S12 line have taken cleaning to another level. Features aside, these cleaners look stylish and modern, with a sleek design and an elaborate digital display.
Tineco was already doing very well in the cordless vacuum area with its A11 models. In this Pure One review, I’ll talk about the specs that make an S12 vacuum worth buying. I will also compare the different models in this series (the S12, S12+, S12 M, and S12 M Lite) so you can make your choice informed. Last but not least, I will compare the S12+ with the latest Dyson V11 and the previous V10, to see how Tineco positions itself in the market of the premium cordless vacuums. To start us off, here are the key specifications of these vacuums.
- 1 Tineco Pure One S12 – a quick look
- 2 Design
- 3 Specifications
- 4 Special Features
- 5 Usability
- 6 Tineco Pure One S12 Pros and Cons
- 7 Tineco Pure One S12M Lite, S12M, S12, and S12+ Comparison
- 8 Tineco Pure One S12+ vs. Tineco A11 Hero vs. Dyson V11 Torque Drive vs. Dyson V10 Absolute
- 9 Final Thoughts
Tineco Pure One S12 – a quick look
|Dimensions||32 x 15 x 6.6 inches|
|Cleaning path width||13"|
|Battery voltage/mAh||21.6 V / 2500 mAh|
|Expected run-time||100 mins (20 mins in MAX mode), using both batteries|
|Charging time||4 hours|
|Floor compatibility||Hard floors, low and medium pile carpet|
|Bin capacity||20 oz|
|Suction power||26 CFM / 43 CFM|
|WiFi connection & app||Yes|
|Accessories||soft dusting brush, 2-in-1 dusting brush, crevice tool, long crevice tool, hair tool, filter cleaning tool, multi-angle folding tube, extra pre-filter, 2 lithium-ion batteries, wall-mounted charging dock|
|Noise level||68-71 dB|
|Country of manufacture||China|
Here’s a complete video review:
Every Pure One S12 vacuum produces 43 CFM on the MAX suction setting, and 26 CFM on the Standard one. The manufacturer rates their product at 150 AW. If looking for a whole home cleaning device, that level of suction is decent enough. The vacuum will clean most carpets and hard floors without leaving a trace of dirt. This happens for several reasons. For starters, the cordless sticks in the series come with a powerful motor that creates a steady flow of air, while the powered brush roll helps dislodge debris. Among the many attributes of the S12 vacuums is the auto suction function. Without your input, the cleaning head senses dirt levels and adjusts suction accordingly. Moreover, the cleaning power achieved by a Pure One S12 depends on the nozzle used. The S12 and S12+ models come with two cleaning heads, which helps the vacuum clean specific surfaces effectively.
Tineco Pure One S12 vacuums are powered by two 21.6 V lithium-ion batteries. Under normal conditions, each cell takes around 3-4 hours to charge fully, which is the standard for most vacuums. The S12 and S12 models come with 2500 mAh batteries, which provide together 100 minutes of runtime when using the lowest speed and no powered attachments.
The M models in the series (S12 M and S12 M Lite) offer a lower runtime, though. Using 2000 mAh, batteries, these give 80 minutes of cleaning time. While the runtime is long enough, using maximum power for extended periods would cause it to drop to less than 10 minutes for each battery. Pure One vacuums are smart cleaners and feature a system to optimize the battery’s power. During cleaning, an auto function controls the motor speed to increase runtime.
The dirt compartment is 20 oz (0.6 liters). The capacity is the same for all models in the series, from the most affordable to the highest-priced. Unless your home is high-traffic or has pet hair to clean, 20 oz is decent enough for uninterrupted cleaning most of the time. Many cordless vacuums have their bin capacity around this range, which suits the average home. Check out the comparison with the Dyson bellow to see what I mean.
The bin offers no challenge to empty. It opens downward and at the touch of a button. Being a 2-in-1 device, the S12 features an in-hand motor and dustbin design. It is easy to convert the unit into a handheld vacuum.
The ability of this vacuum to capture microscopic dirt is superb. The pre-motor filter is a mesh type, which traps most of the debris, while the post-motor filter is a HEPA. The HEPA filter can capture 99.9% of the particles in the exhaust air, to avoid secondary pollution. It makes the S12 vacuums usable by anyone, including people with allergic conditions of the respiratory system. Combined with the sealed body, the HEPA filtration helps keep allergens trapped to prevent health risks for more sensible users. Both filters can be cleaned, with the manufacturer advising owners against washing the HEPA and using the cleaning tool instead to maintain this vital part of the vacuum automatically.
Weight and Dimensions
All Pure One S12 vacuums measure 32 x 15 x 6.6 inches. As you can see, they are compact units that should fit in most spaces for storage. The compactness also allows you to carry these vacuums around without a problem, and most members of your family can use them.
The S12 is lightweight, weighing a mere 3.53 lbs. With cordless sticks, every gram counts; thus, I welcome this small weight. You will find it pretty portable, which in turn makes cleaning every part of your home a breeze. The handheld features an ergonomic handle that sits in hand comfortably. With such a design, you can use the handheld for long hours without feeling fatigued.
Tineco backs its Pure One S12 vacuums with a 2-year warranty. The warranty, according to the manufacturer, is only valid for units purchased from authorized sellers and for original owners, as the guarantee is not transferable. The S12 vacuum warranty is limited and covers material defects and workmanship.
Inside the box that comes with the Pure One 12 vacuums, one can find all the different parts. These include the main body (the part that houses the motor and dirt bin), the extension wand that makes the device a stick vacuum, and the cleaning heads. The cleaning heads include a multi-task power brush (the primary nozzle that you attach to the unit to clean different floors) and a mini-powered brush (a small powered brush to clean mattresses, sofas, and a car’s interior). The advanced model comes with an additional cleaning head, a soft brush roll perfect for the cleaning bare floors.
The number and type of accessories vary across the S12 vacuums. The following are tools and attachments that accompany the standard model:
- Soft dusting brush – a brush with soft bristles. It’s meant for the cleaning of fragile objects such as electronics and lighting. It can also be used dusting shelves and similar places
- 2-in-1 dusting brush – a wide multi-surface brush that you use to clean couches and other surfaces
- Crevice nozzle – a tool for the tight spots such as corners
- Long crevice tool – a flexible nozzle that features a tube and cleaning head for extended reach. It allows you to clean behind objects where the usual crevice nozzle cannot reach
- Hair tool – a tool to remove hair tangles from the brush roll and other parts of the vacuum
- Filter cleaning tool – a handy pre-motor cleaning tool. It helps maintain the vacuum’s suction by preventing the clogging of the filter. The tool is powered which means it cleans automatically
- Multi-angle folding tube – it flexes to let you clean when high and low places
- an extra pre-filter
- an additional lithium-ion battery
- a wall-mounted charging dock
The dock mounts on the wall and charges two batteries at the same time. It can also be to store the vacuum’s attachments, with room for a total of three accessories.
Tineco Pure One 12 vacuums come equipped with a variety of features, some standard and others unique to the brand. It’s interesting how the manufacturer succeeds in packing so many features into such a small device. Among the notable ones are:
The S12 line comprises smart cleaners that incorporate AI technology to make vacuuming your home both enjoyable and straightforward. Some of the smart features are only available on some models, though, and the most basic vacuum in the series may not have them. The features are:
- Dirt detection – using an iLoop sensor, an S12 vacuum will detect dirt along its path. It then sends the data to the LED display and allows you to monitor the surface you happen to be cleaning. The vacuum also uses the data to adjust suction, which makes cleaning highly effective, effortless, and thorough. It eliminates the traditional manual adjustment of aspiration, which can be cumbersome.
- Intelligent suction optimization – An S12 vacuum adjusts suction power on the go, automatically. It does so using data from the dirt detection system. With this smart feature, you clean without having to worry about the different areas that require low or high suction. The auto control of suction also means conserved battery charge since the vacuum won’t be using high motor speed unnecessarily.
- Smart battery management – a built-in system optimizes battery power consumption, extending its runtime. With this system in place, your S12 vacuum achieves around a hundred minutes of cleaning time, which is impressive given the suction power it produces. If you have a large home, optimizing the battery is necessary. It avoids interruptions so you can plan your tasks. Besides the battery optimization feature, you get continuous charge level reports on the display of some of the S12 models.
- Smart noise control – an internal system works to reduce the levels of noise outputted by the vacuum. According to Tineco, this technology is only found in the Pure One vacuums. It’s what enables S12 devices to run on high suction mode while the noise produced remains low at 71 dB. The advanced system to control noise makes these vacuums usable in most home situations.
- Rinse-free filter cleaning – among the smart features of the Pure One S12 is the auto filter cleaning. Using the provided tool, you get to remove dirt from the pre-filter, an action that happens automatically. It saves you from having to clean the filter manually and makes maintaining the vacuum easier.
- Smart app function – with WiFi connectivity, the vacuums in the S12 series can communicate with a smartphone. Tineco provides a downloadable smartphone app for that. The application allows you to view most of the vacuum’s functions on your phone’s screen, such as cleaning performance, maintenance alerts, and other reports. While app integration is impressive, I find it less useful when compared to the other smart features. Nevertheless, S12 vacuums are smart cleaning devices, and smartphone communication is part and parcel of that.
- Smart LED display – a colorful, circular display provides different reports about the cleaning cycle and the status of the different parts of the vacuum. Information includes battery charge levels, current suction power, filter condition, and more. The display is conveniently situated where you can see and read everything, and the reports are realtime.
- WiFi connectivity– while this feature may not be useful in a big way, it’s one of the functions that make the S12 vacuums genuinely modern. The WiFi allows you to connect the vacuum with your smartphone so you can receive the various reports such as filter condition, alerts for brush tangles, cleaning reports, and others on your phone.
Tineco equipped its basic model (S12 M) with a WiFi camera to provide a view of the surface being cleaned, speakers to entertain you, and a phone clip where you can place a smartphone and watch a movie while cleaning.
Powerful Cleaning Head
The main nozzle features a rotating brush roll and an inlet. The nozzle will clean low-pile carpets impressively which makes these devices suitable if you have multiple floors. Depending on the model, the S12 vacuums will also come with a soft brush roll for the delicate floors such as hardwood. Apart from the powerful cleaning achieved by the brush and suction port, the cleaning heads come with sensors to detect dirt and control suction. It improves the overall cleaning efficiency for spotless surfaces.
The vacuum easily converts from the stick into a handheld that you can use almost anywhere. Besides offering cleaning convenience, the design allows you to have the S12 vacuum as your whole-home cleaner. The handheld unit houses the motor and the dirt bin. That means it offers similar cleaning power and can be used for a wide range of vacuuming requirements.
The batteries are removable. That offers several advantages. It allows you to swap a battery that has run out of charge with another one, which ensures continuous cleaning when you have a large home. Besides constant cleaning, it means you can replace a dead battery with a new one.
The head features a swivel joint, allowing you to move the vacuum in different directions. You will find this feature invaluable when you have to clean small areas with furniture and other objects all around. With the swiveling head, guiding the vacuum around such obstacles becomes a breeze. The movement is also smooth, and you don’t need a lot of effort to maneuver the Pure One S12 around your home.
Every major floor nozzle features powerful LED lamps. These light up the surface ahead and you won’t miss dirt spots even in poorly lit places. If you intend to use the vacuum to clean your whole home, a headlight is a necessary feature. Most likely, you will have dark spots that must be vacuumed. In the Tineco Pure One S12 line of vacuums, the multi-floor nozzle and the soft roller brush cleaning head come equipped with powerful lights.
Fairly Quiet Operation
At 71 dB, the S12 vacuums cannot be said to be too loud. I find them quiet enough. If you have a pet that dislikes noise or a sleeping toddler, they may not have a problem with this vacuum.
Tineco Pure One S12 vacuums are not only powerful but also easy to use. Being stick vacuums, they only have few parts to assemble. The various attachments have a press-and-click mechanism, which makes them easy to connect. The vacuums are cordless, and every model comes with two batteries. To start your cleaning, you would need to charge both batteries. Tineco offers a dual charging dock for every model in the series. The dock mounts on the wall and serves as a storage rack too.
Cleaning with this vacuum offers no challenge. It’s lightweight enough, with various features to enhance comfort when cleaning. Among them is the swivel joint. With a swiveling head, guiding the vacuum around things requires little effort. The handle is a comfortable one that won’t hurt your hand. When vacuuming dark areas, you will appreciate the LED lights on the nozzle.
The vacuums in this series offer smart cleaning functionalities, which means a better experience when using the device. However, smart feature availability depends on the model. The high-end Pure One vacuum offers various smart functions while the low-end model lacks a few. Among the most noticeable is the LCD display. You will only find it on the S12 and S12+.
Another feature is the intelligent suction control. On the S12M, you only have the capacitive stripe on the handle. The other models can control suction automatically, thanks to a sound sensor that senses when more particles travel the aluminum pipe and enter inside the bin.
The main filter is cleanable, which makes maintaining the vacuum easy and less costly. The S12 vacuums also come with a unique pre-motor filter cleaning tool. Using the tool regularly prevents clogging issues and maintains suction at its optimum. Other tools that help you maintain the unit include the hair tool that removes hair tangles from the brush roll.
One of the most conspicuous features is the colorful display. It’s big and round, which makes everything adequately visible. The display provides loads of information about both the cleaning session and the vacuum itself. Using the reports on the screen helps you clean effectively. You can tell when the battery is about to run out of power, for example, or if the motor is performing efficiently.
Tineco Pure One S12 Pros and Cons
Why would you want to consider an S12 when looking for a stick vacuum to use in your home? I summarized the excellent things about these cleaning devices from Tineco, as well as the bad sides:
- Adequate suction to clean multiple floors
- Lightweight and compact without compromising cleaning power
- Excellent maneuverability for the cleaning of congested rooms
- Adjusts suction on the go depending on dirt levels and conserves battery power
- Comes with smart functions that improve cleaning experience and the vacuum’s effectiveness
- HEPA filtration which prevents secondary pollution when cleaning
- The ability to convert into a handheld vacuum, a design that makes these vacuums more versatile
- A hundred minutes of runtime, enough to see you finish typical cleaning tasks without interruption
- Various attachments, each with specific abilities to increase the vacuum’s effectiveness
- You may not find the price pocket-friendly if looking for a budget vacuum. However, the price is worth it given the capabilities of these vacuums and the many features to improve cleaning comfort
- Some users have had dirt stuck in the dust bin
Tineco Pure One S12M Lite, S12M, S12, and S12+ Comparison
For a quick view of the features and accessories of each model, here is a table indicating what each comes with:
Some of the features on the Tineco Pure One 12 are not common across the vacuums in the series. Accessories also differ from one model to another. To give you an idea of what to expect from each model, here is a description of each.
Tineco Pure One S12M Lite
The S12M Lite is the least advanced of the three models discussed here. It comes with almost all the features of the S12 and S12+ except for a few functionalities. The vacuum offers 150 watts suction and cleans low-pile carpets and hard floors. The bin is 20 oz, the same capacity that of the other models. Some of the smart functions the S12M Lite uses include WiFi connectivity and app integration.
Among the differences between this model and the others in the series, we notice the battery capacity. The S12M Lite uses two 2000mAh batteries which provide 80 minutes of cleaning time. The filter cleaning tool that comes with this model requires manual operation, unlike those used on the other models, which are powered and automatic. The S12M Lite also lacks the LED display. It’s one reason many would find the vacuum to be less attractive or modern when compared to others in the series. Despite the lack of the display, the device cleans superbly, with the same suction power that of the other models.
Another difference is in the tools and attachments offered with this model. The accessories include; a multi-task power brush nozzle with LED lights, mini power brush, combination brush pre-filter cleaning tool, crevice nozzle, flexible crevice tool, multi-angle folding adapter, hair cleaning tool, two pre-motor filters, two lithium-ion batteries, and a dual battery charging dock.
The S12M is a light blue color, with the same size and weight as the other models. Its price is more budget-friendly. If looking for a simple Tineco vacuum without the fancy features, the S12M Lite would be the model to go for. You would save a lot but at the expense of some of the mentioned features. Nevertheless, the model allows you to enjoy the cleaning power and usability of the new Tineco vacuums at a much lower price.
Tineco Pure One S12M
The S12M vacuums have a few extra smart features, unlike the S12M Lite. These include a camera, Bluetooth speaker, and an on-handle smartphone holder. Other than these, the product is virtually the same as the Lite version.
Tineco Pure One S12
The S12 is the standard model and offers almost all the features and accessories of the vacuums in the series. Just like the previous two models (S12M and S12M Lite), this model achieves a 150 watts suction power and comes with a powered brush roll. It uses a dirt sensing system to determine the amount of dirt in the cleaning path and adjust suction. The primary filter is HEPA, and the dustbin is also 20 oz. Unlike the S12M model, this vacuum features an LED screen that provides a range of reports such as battery level, brush roll failure, cleaning modes, WiFi connection, dust sensor condition, and more.
Some of the advanced features of the S12 and which are not available on the S12M include the multi-color display and the auto cleaning tool. It also comes with higher capacity batteries that offer a longer runtime. Each battery is a lithium-ion 2500 mAh. The charging dock is similar to that of the other models – a dual charging station that mounts on a wall. The dock offers room to store three accessories. Both the design and size are identical to that of the other models. Visually, only the color is different. The S12 is an attractive black matte finish.
The S12 model includes the following accessories; an LED multi-surface brush, mini power nozzle, filter cleaning tool, combination brush, crevice nozzle, flexible crevice tool, soft dusting brush, and a hair cleaning tool. It also comes with two pre-motor filters, two batteries, and a charging dock. The S12 is moderately priced and comes with useful features. Unless you want more specialized cleaning offered by the high-end S12+, I would suggest the S12 for your home’s cleaning needs.
Tineco Pure One S12+
With all the features and accessories of the other models and a few others, the S12 Plus is the most advanced vacuum in the series. Most capabilities are not different, though, such as the suction, filtration, 2-in-1 design, and several others. However, its superiority becomes evident when you have different floors to clean, such as carpets and sensitive flooring. In addition to the usually powered brush roll, the model comes with a soft roller brush nozzle (also with LED lights) for the delicate surfaces. With these two different cleaning heads, you will not worry about stubborn dirt on the carpet or damage to your sensitive floors.
The S12 Plus comes with more tools than the other models. The accessories are; a direct-drive powered brush with LEDs, soft roller bush (also with headlights), mini power brush, combination dusting brush, soft dusting brush, crevice nozzle, long and flexible crevice tool, hair cleaning tool, pre-filter cleaning tool, multi-angle tube, and a flexing extension hose. You also get an additional battery and filter.
The S12+ is suitable if you have both carpets and delicate floors in your home. With two different nozzles, you will have a choice between two cleaning options – the aggressive powered cleaning and the gentle vacuuming of the soft roller brush. That way, you can use the vacuum on carpets and hard floors by changing the cleaning nozzle. In a nutshell, the S12 Plus offers specialized and more natural cleaning. However, it’s the most expensive model in the series.
Tineco Pure One S12+ vs. Tineco A11 Hero vs. Dyson V11 Torque Drive vs. Dyson V10 Absolute
In the world of premium cordless vacuums, one name stands tall. It’s Dyson, a company that innovates continuously for more than two decades. It was only fair to compare the best Tineco S12 with the best Dyson, as well as with both their precursors.
The Tineco Pure One vacuums are worth every penny. With an array of smart features to improve the cleaning experience, these devices represent the future of vacuuming. The brand is barely two years old but already popular with many homeowners. The suction power is adequate, allowing the vacuums to clean all hard floors and most carpets. Compact and lightweight, the S12 vacuums are easy on the hands and usable by different members of your family. All the models in the series use HEPA filters, which makes them safe health-wise. With a range of smart features, the Pure One vacuums bring sophistication into your home.
The model you choose would depend on several considerations. If you’re on a tight budget, I would suggest that you go for the Pure One S12M. It offers excellent cleaning, only lacking in some of the smart features (which you may not need anyway). The standard S12 comes with smart functionalities and a range of useful tools, suitable for the average home with an occasional carpet and lots of bare floors. If your home has a considerable area of carpeted surfaces and delicate flooring, I would recommend the S12+. The vacuum comes with a cleaning head for carpets and another one for sensitive floors.
Latest posts by Jason Roberts (see all)
- Dyson v8 vs Dyson v7: Which One Is Best? - January 7, 2021
- Roomba 890 vs 960: Which One Is Best? - January 7, 2021
- Roborock S5 vs S6 – Which One is Best? - January 7, 2021
Leave a Reply